Not featured on the solo tip since August 2010, when he introduced himself to our pages with the reader-acclaimed, Big K.R.I.T.-assisted Nothing Like Me, Kent Money makes his long-awaited return to the Booth with Wondering Why, the latest single off his forthcoming studio album. Here, Tha Bizness’ lush, jazz-sampled backdrop sets the mood as the Surf Club rhymesayer outlines his proven method for achieving success and financial security. The key ingredients? Focus, integrity, discipline, and zero tolerance for that f*ck sh*t. Dave Money (no relation, as far as I’m aware) lends his refreshing harmonies to the record’s hook. Featuring this breezy single and much more, Kent’s Eyes Wide Shut is scheduled for release sometime in 2013.
Written by richard on 12/6/12
Submit your Rating
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- 4 Fresh Songs (& An Album) You Might Have Missed (12/15)
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.