Back in March, Kent M$NEY stepped into the Booth with Home Alone, a reader-approved cut which, ironically enough, found him joined by a whopping five talented collaborators. Fresh off a successful New York promo trip, the HS87 signee returns to our front page with State of Emergency, a single which finds him rocking the mic all on his lonesome. Over the descending brass riffs and sampled screams of label boss Hit-Boy and co-producer Haze Banga, the West Coast buzzmaker delivers bars packed with braggadocio and hard-nosed tough-talk. Kent’s next project, Crowned, is slated to drop before the summer’s out. As always, fans can keep it locked for the latest singles.
Written by richard on 06/16/14
Submit your Rating
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Fast Food Music: How Our Hunger for More is Killing Hip-Hop
- Rihanna & Kanye’s “FourFiveSeconds” is a Blue Collar Anthem
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- Digging Up Your Favorite Rapper’s Hidden Internet Gems
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.