Back in March, Kent M$NEY stepped into the Booth with Home Alone, a reader-approved cut which, ironically enough, found him joined by a whopping five talented collaborators. Fresh off a successful New York promo trip, the HS87 signee returns to our front page with State of Emergency, a single which finds him rocking the mic all on his lonesome. Over the descending brass riffs and sampled screams of label boss Hit-Boy and co-producer Haze Banga, the West Coast buzzmaker delivers bars packed with braggadocio and hard-nosed tough-talk. Kent’s next project, Crowned, is slated to drop before the summer’s out. As always, fans can keep it locked for the latest singles.
Written by richard on 06/16/14
Submit your Rating
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Epic Fail: Bobby Shmurda’s Label Cashed In & Then Bailed Out
- Open Mic: Why Rappers Need to Play Small Shows
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Could Kanye’s Rapper Reparations Idea Actually Work?
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.