Booth newcomer Kennedy Rothchild is a born mediator; no matter how deep the disagreement, the ATLien artist and producer can help you Work It Out. Don’t believe me? Take a listen to his latest single, which finds him repairing the turbulent, often-strained relationship between hard-rock and hip-hop. This joint’s aural building blocks—fuzzed-out guitar noodling, Hendrix-esque sung vocals, syrupy-slow flows, marching-band brass—couldn’t be more eclectic, but the artist manages to shape it all into a surprisingly harmonious whole. Rothchild also directs the official video, whose surreal, chaotic imagery perfectly captures the record’s vibe. Like what you’re hearing? Then stay tuned; The New Black as yet lacks a drop date, but we’ll keep you posted on the project as further details emerge.
Written by richard on 11/13/13
Submit your Rating
Sonic Jungle Records
This is the first song featured on DJBooth from this artist. If you would like to hear more, be sure to rate and comment!
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Fast Food Music: How Our Hunger for More is Killing Hip-Hop
- Rihanna & Kanye’s “FourFiveSeconds” is a Blue Collar Anthem
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- Digging Up Your Favorite Rapper’s Hidden Internet Gems
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.