Booth newcomer Kennedy Rothchild is a born mediator; no matter how deep the disagreement, the ATLien artist and producer can help you Work It Out. Don’t believe me? Take a listen to his latest single, which finds him repairing the turbulent, often-strained relationship between hard-rock and hip-hop. This joint’s aural building blocks—fuzzed-out guitar noodling, Hendrix-esque sung vocals, syrupy-slow flows, marching-band brass—couldn’t be more eclectic, but the artist manages to shape it all into a surprisingly harmonious whole. Rothchild also directs the official video, whose surreal, chaotic imagery perfectly captures the record’s vibe. Like what you’re hearing? Then stay tuned; The New Black as yet lacks a drop date, but we’ll keep you posted on the project as further details emerge.
Written by richard on 11/13/13
Submit your Rating
Sonic Jungle Records
This is the first song featured on DJBooth from this artist. If you would like to hear more, be sure to rate and comment!
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Best/Worst of the Week: Wale & Seinfeld, Kendrick on “SNL” & More
- Obsessively Breaking Down the Demo Version of Eminem’s “Lose Yourself”
- Isaiah Rashad’s “Cilvia Demo” vs. Mick Jenkins’ “The Water[s]”
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- The Worlds Needs a Freddie Gibbs x BJ The Chicago Kid Album
- Is Madonna Working on a Secret Rap Album?
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)