Booth newcomer Kennedy Rothchild is a born mediator; no matter how deep the disagreement, the ATLien artist and producer can help you Work It Out. Don’t believe me? Take a listen to his latest single, which finds him repairing the turbulent, often-strained relationship between hard-rock and hip-hop. This joint’s aural building blocks—fuzzed-out guitar noodling, Hendrix-esque sung vocals, syrupy-slow flows, marching-band brass—couldn’t be more eclectic, but the artist manages to shape it all into a surprisingly harmonious whole. Rothchild also directs the official video, whose surreal, chaotic imagery perfectly captures the record’s vibe. Like what you’re hearing? Then stay tuned; The New Black as yet lacks a drop date, but we’ll keep you posted on the project as further details emerge.
Written by richard on 11/13/13
Submit your Rating
Sonic Jungle Records
This is the first song featured on DJBooth from this artist. If you would like to hear more, be sure to rate and comment!
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Billion Dollars in an Elevator: The Definitive 2014 Hip-Hop Timeline
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.