I know that Kenna isn’t exactly the first artist that die-hard hip hop heads turn to, but the man still churns out unique, refreshing music like a factory. So, on behalf of everyone here at The DJBooth, give him a chance. I’ll bet my last dollar you’ll want to have Relations with his new effort; relations meaning that you plan to add the record to your digital library and wear out the replay button. Relations does have some hip-hop roots, too. The quirky, synth laden beat, produced by Chad Hugo of The Neptunes, provides Kenna with a canvas for his milky vocal performance, which sets off the song’s foggy, 80’s-esque vibe. Relations is the latest single from Kenna’s upcoming EP, Land 2 Air Chronicles II – Imitation is Suicide.
Written by Lucas G. on 08/16/13
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Say Goodbye to Love (Remix) ft. Lupe Fiasco" (2008)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- Rap Quiz: Bet You Can’t Guess The Album Cover Pt. 6
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- 1 Listen Album Review: Drake’s “If You’re Reading This It’s Too Late”
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.