I know that Kenna isn’t exactly the first artist that die-hard hip hop heads turn to, but the man still churns out unique, refreshing music like a factory. So, on behalf of everyone here at The DJBooth, give him a chance. I’ll bet my last dollar you’ll want to have Relations with his new effort; relations meaning that you plan to add the record to your digital library and wear out the replay button. Relations does have some hip-hop roots, too. The quirky, synth laden beat, produced by Chad Hugo of The Neptunes, provides Kenna with a canvas for his milky vocal performance, which sets off the song’s foggy, 80’s-esque vibe. Relations is the latest single from Kenna’s upcoming EP, Land 2 Air Chronicles II – Imitation is Suicide.
Written by Lucas G. on 08/16/13
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Say Goodbye to Love (Remix) ft. Lupe Fiasco" (2008)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- 4 Fresh Songs (& An Album) You Might Have Missed (12/15)
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.