Ever-innovative electro-pop underdog Kenna steps into the studio with underground superproducer RJD2. How Will It End? There’s no telling—but it’s a safe bet their encounter will result in a dope song. Declared by Kenna himself to be “probably the most innovative song” in his ongoing EP series, the record begins with the artist crooning portentious lyrics over his behind-the-boards collaborator’s bells, synth-bass blurts and plodding percussion. Halfway through, RJ picks up the pace for the cut’s uptempo middle section. Just when it seems like the record is coming to an end, a stuttering bass riff and “Brace Yourself!” vocal sample heralds the ominous closing movement. For this shapeshifting cut and many more unique jams (including reader-approved single Relations), cop Land 2 Air Chronicles II: Imitation Is Suicide - Chapter 3 when it drops digitally next Tuesday, 12/10.
Written by richard on 12/4/13
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Say Goodbye to Love (Remix) ft. Lupe Fiasco" (2008)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Epic Fail: Bobby Shmurda’s Label Cashed In & Then Bailed Out
- Open Mic: Why Rappers Need to Play Small Shows
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Could Kanye’s Rapper Reparations Idea Actually Work?
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.