Ever-innovative electro-pop underdog Kenna steps into the studio with underground superproducer RJD2. How Will It End? There’s no telling—but it’s a safe bet their encounter will result in a dope song. Declared by Kenna himself to be “probably the most innovative song” in his ongoing EP series, the record begins with the artist crooning portentious lyrics over his behind-the-boards collaborator’s bells, synth-bass blurts and plodding percussion. Halfway through, RJ picks up the pace for the cut’s uptempo middle section. Just when it seems like the record is coming to an end, a stuttering bass riff and “Brace Yourself!” vocal sample heralds the ominous closing movement. For this shapeshifting cut and many more unique jams (including reader-approved single Relations), cop Land 2 Air Chronicles II: Imitation Is Suicide - Chapter 3 when it drops digitally next Tuesday, 12/10.
Written by richard on 12/4/13
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Say Goodbye to Love (Remix) ft. Lupe Fiasco" (2008)
Total DJ Booth Features:
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Jeezy - Seen It All: The Autobiography
- Cam’ron - 1st of the Month Vol. 3 EP
- Best/Worst of the Week: Andre 3000 All Day, Queen Bey Reigns & More
- Draft Day: What Label Should Your Favorite Rapper Sign To?
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (August 2014)
- Kev Decor - Swamp Ass
- “Views from All Day”: Drake, Kanye & The State of Hip-Hop Leaks
- Drake vs. Lil Wayne - The Hits
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)