Ever-innovative electro-pop underdog Kenna steps into the studio with underground superproducer RJD2. How Will It End? There’s no telling—but it’s a safe bet their encounter will result in a dope song. Declared by Kenna himself to be “probably the most innovative song” in his ongoing EP series, the record begins with the artist crooning portentious lyrics over his behind-the-boards collaborator’s bells, synth-bass blurts and plodding percussion. Halfway through, RJ picks up the pace for the cut’s uptempo middle section. Just when it seems like the record is coming to an end, a stuttering bass riff and “Brace Yourself!” vocal sample heralds the ominous closing movement. For this shapeshifting cut and many more unique jams (including reader-approved single Relations), cop Land 2 Air Chronicles II: Imitation Is Suicide - Chapter 3 when it drops digitally next Tuesday, 12/10.
Written by richard on 12/4/13
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Say Goodbye to Love (Remix) ft. Lupe Fiasco" (2008)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Freddie Gibbs x Madlib ft. Action Bronson, Joey BadA$$ & Ransom - Knicks (Remix)
- All 79 Things Chance the Rapper Hates on “No Better Blues”
- Lupe Fiasco ft. Sirah - Lilies
- ShayGray - No Sense of Accomplishment
- F*ck Norms: Why the Critics Are Wrong About Yung Lean
- Lorenzo Asher, The Director #TopProspects
- Jay Rock - Parental Advisory
- Run the Jewels ft. Zack De La Rocha - Close Your Eyes (And Count to F*ck)
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.