Ever-innovative electro-pop underdog Kenna steps into the studio with underground superproducer RJD2. How Will It End? There’s no telling—but it’s a safe bet their encounter will result in a dope song. Declared by Kenna himself to be “probably the most innovative song” in his ongoing EP series, the record begins with the artist crooning portentious lyrics over his behind-the-boards collaborator’s bells, synth-bass blurts and plodding percussion. Halfway through, RJ picks up the pace for the cut’s uptempo middle section. Just when it seems like the record is coming to an end, a stuttering bass riff and “Brace Yourself!” vocal sample heralds the ominous closing movement. For this shapeshifting cut and many more unique jams (including reader-approved single Relations), cop Land 2 Air Chronicles II: Imitation Is Suicide - Chapter 3 when it drops digitally next Tuesday, 12/10.
Written by richard on 12/4/13
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Say Goodbye to Love (Remix) ft. Lupe Fiasco" (2008)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (September 2014)
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (9/26)
- Madison | LST ft. Kiah Victoria - The World
- Kings Dead - Don’t Need Much
- Nova Rockafeller ft. Michael Christmas - Problem
- Stalley ft. Rick Ross - Everything A Dope Boy Ever Wanted
- Saigon - GSNT3: The Troubled Times of Brian Carenard
- DJ Drama ft. Young Jeezy, Young Thug & Rich Homie Quan - Right Back
- How to Get Your Music Posted Online: The Email Edition
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.