Ever-innovative electro-pop underdog Kenna steps into the studio with underground superproducer RJD2. How Will It End? There’s no telling—but it’s a safe bet their encounter will result in a dope song. Declared by Kenna himself to be “probably the most innovative song” in his ongoing EP series, the record begins with the artist crooning portentious lyrics over his behind-the-boards collaborator’s bells, synth-bass blurts and plodding percussion. Halfway through, RJ picks up the pace for the cut’s uptempo middle section. Just when it seems like the record is coming to an end, a stuttering bass riff and “Brace Yourself!” vocal sample heralds the ominous closing movement. For this shapeshifting cut and many more unique jams (including reader-approved single Relations), cop Land 2 Air Chronicles II: Imitation Is Suicide - Chapter 3 when it drops digitally next Tuesday, 12/10.
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Say Goodbye to Love (Remix) ft. Lupe Fiasco" (2008)
Total DJ Booth Features:
Member Reviews and Ratings
- A 15 Song Tour Through Pharrell’s Career
- SchoolBoy Q ft. 2 Chainz - What They Want
- Future ft. Pharrell, Pusha T & Casino - Move That Dope
- Nyzzy Nyce - Nothing Nyce
- Devin Miles - Where the DJs At?
- Pharrell - G I R L
- Rick Ross - Mastermind
- 25 Most Popular Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of February 2014
- ScHoolboy Q - Oxymoron
- The Best Hip Hop Songs & Albums of 2013!
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.