Though his two albums to date, New Sacred Cow and Make Sure They See My Face, were warmly received by the electro-pop and urban alternative communities, Ethiopian-American musician Kenna is hoping to get the widespread success he’s been waiting for in 2009 with the release of his upcoming Land 2 Air Chronicles EP, followed by his junior album, Songs For Flight. To kick off the Virginia Beach resident’s big year, a remix of one of Make Sure They See My Face‘s standout tracks, Loose Wires, has just been released. This new version features another eclectic duo in a situation loyal Booth-heads have been waiting to hear for quite some time – that’s right, you finally get to hear The Cool Kids over a Neptunes beat. Though it’s still too early to tell whether or not their verses enhance or distract from the song’s mood, both Kenna and the Cool Kids feel right at home over Pharrell Williams’ chaotic production, and the presence of both should be enough to make Loose Wires a nationwide hit.
Written by Burmy on 01/8/09
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Say Goodbye to Love (Remix) ft. Lupe Fiasco" (2008)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Kid Cudi Thinks Hip-Hop Is Endangered - He’s Wrong
- Tayyib Ali - Keystone State of Mind III
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (11/21)
- Best/Worst of the Week: Wale & Seinfeld, Kendrick on “SNL” & More
- Isaiah Rashad’s “Cilvia Demo” vs. Mick Jenkins’ “The Water[s]”
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.