Though his two albums to date, New Sacred Cow and Make Sure They See My Face, were warmly received by the electro-pop and urban alternative communities, Ethiopian-American musician Kenna is hoping to get the widespread success he’s been waiting for in 2009 with the release of his upcoming Land 2 Air Chronicles EP, followed by his junior album, Songs For Flight. To kick off the Virginia Beach resident’s big year, a remix of one of Make Sure They See My Face‘s standout tracks, Loose Wires, has just been released. This new version features another eclectic duo in a situation loyal Booth-heads have been waiting to hear for quite some time – that’s right, you finally get to hear The Cool Kids over a Neptunes beat. Though it’s still too early to tell whether or not their verses enhance or distract from the song’s mood, both Kenna and the Cool Kids feel right at home over Pharrell Williams’ chaotic production, and the presence of both should be enough to make Loose Wires a nationwide hit.
Written by Burmy on 01/8/09
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Say Goodbye to Love (Remix) ft. Lupe Fiasco" (2008)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Freddie Gibbs x Madlib ft. Action Bronson, Joey BadA$$ & Ransom - Knicks (Remix)
- All 79 Things Chance the Rapper Hates on “No Better Blues”
- Lupe Fiasco ft. Sirah - Lilies
- ShayGray - No Sense of Accomplishment
- F*ck Norms: Why the Critics Are Wrong About Yung Lean
- Lorenzo Asher, The Director #TopProspects
- Jay Rock - Parental Advisory
- Run the Jewels ft. Zack De La Rocha - Close Your Eyes (And Count to F*ck)
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.