Ethiopian-born pop artist Kenna was finally ready to break out of his “hip-to-be-underground” reputation with the release of his critically-acclaimed debut, New Sacred Cow, in 2003. However, after piss-poor record sales and label trouble, the underground is where Kenna remained, shackled by a sound so uncategorizable that Columbia Records had no clue how to market it. Now a part of Interscope, Kenna has managed to capture a cohesive pop-rap crossover style that still retains his former uniqueness on his sophomore album, Make Sure They See My Face. The remix of its lead single, Say Goodbye to Love, is an up-tempo Neptunes-produced dance joint featuring a short verse by Lupe Fiasco that sounds right at home. While he’s saying goodbye to love, Kenna might as well do the same to the underground, as it’s clear that he has finally emerged.
Note: The streaming of “Say Goodbye to Love (Remix)” has temporarily been suspended.
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Loose Wires (Remix) ft. The Cool Kids" (2009)
Total DJ Booth Features:
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Smoke Weed Everyday: A 30 Song 4/20 Playlist
- FL (of The Foodchain) - Young Amsterdam
- Future - Honest LP
- Win an Exclusive Vinyl Version of De La Soul’s “Smell The Da.I.S.Y.” [CONTEST]
- DJ Drama x Don Cannon x Trendsetter Sense - The Boondocks Mixtape (Season 4)
- Mick Jenkins - Steam
- Dizzy Wright - State of Mind EP
- Locksmith - A Thousand Cuts
- 25 Most Popular Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of March 2014
- The Best Hip Hop Songs & Albums of 2013!
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.