I’ve got to say, I wish every week could be #TDEFamAppreciationWeek. In the past few days we’ve gotten new dopeness from the likes of Jay Rock (Yola), Ab-Soul (Nibiru) and ScHoolBoy Q (Party), and guess who just showed up to run the anchor leg? That’s right, for the final installment Kendrick Lamar stops by the show a little love for the Westside, Right on Time, and he’s brought along a famous friend. Joining Kendrick on the soulful and banging instrumental from Canei Finch is Young Jeezy, whose raspy, shotgun blast rhymes provide a nice contrast to Kendrick’s always innovative flow. In other words, feel free to ride and smoke to this one, and while you’re at it, how about showing a little appreciation to TDE in return: ScHoolboy’s Habits & Contradictions is out now, Ab-Soul’s Control System is out now, and Kendrick’s good kid, m.A.A.d city is scheduled for October 2.
Written by Nathan S. on 08/17/12
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Billion Dollars in an Elevator: The Definitive 2014 Hip-Hop Timeline
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.