A week after the release of debut set and album-of-the-year front-runner good kid, m.A.A.d. city, I’m still in the process of digesting its eclectic soundscapes and intricate narrative concepts. For those whose metabolism moves a little faster (what are you, a hummingbird?), Kendrick Lamar‘s already back on our pages with a brand new unreleased cut. On The Jig Is Up (Dump’n), a joint recorded just last night, the Compton phenom gives his inner battle rhymer free rein, delivering bars designed to strike fear into competitors’ hearts over J. Cole and Canei Finch‘s funereal street boardwork. Lamar’s post-debut plans are as yet undetermined, but fans can keep their browsers locked for all the latest song releases in the weeks ahead.
Written by richard on 10/30/12
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- The Worlds Needs a Freddie Gibbs x BJ The Chicago Kid Album
- Tasha The Amazon - Can’t Control Us
- Is Madonna Working on a Secret Rap Album?
- RyattFienix - Ryse of the Fienix
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)