A week after the release of debut set and album-of-the-year front-runner good kid, m.A.A.d. city, I’m still in the process of digesting its eclectic soundscapes and intricate narrative concepts. For those whose metabolism moves a little faster (what are you, a hummingbird?), Kendrick Lamar‘s already back on our pages with a brand new unreleased cut. On The Jig Is Up (Dump’n), a joint recorded just last night, the Compton phenom gives his inner battle rhymer free rein, delivering bars designed to strike fear into competitors’ hearts over J. Cole and Canei Finch‘s funereal street boardwork. Lamar’s post-debut plans are as yet undetermined, but fans can keep their browsers locked for all the latest song releases in the weeks ahead.
Written by richard on 10/30/12
First DJ Booth Appearance:
Member Reviews and Ratings
- After Wiz Khalifa’s “Blacc Hollywood”, What Does a Number One Album Mean?
- Jeezy - Seen It All: The Autobiography
- Cam’ron - 1st of the Month Vol. 3 EP
- Best/Worst of the Week: Andre 3000 All Day, Queen Bey Reigns & More
- Draft Day: What Label Should Your Favorite Rapper Sign To?
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (August 2014)
- “Views from All Day”: Drake, Kanye & The State of Hip-Hop Leaks
- Drake vs. Lil Wayne - The Hits
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)