A week after the release of debut set and album-of-the-year front-runner good kid, m.A.A.d. city, I’m still in the process of digesting its eclectic soundscapes and intricate narrative concepts. For those whose metabolism moves a little faster (what are you, a hummingbird?), Kendrick Lamar‘s already back on our pages with a brand new unreleased cut. On The Jig Is Up (Dump’n), a joint recorded just last night, the Compton phenom gives his inner battle rhymer free rein, delivering bars designed to strike fear into competitors’ hearts over J. Cole and Canei Finch‘s funereal street boardwork. Lamar’s post-debut plans are as yet undetermined, but fans can keep their browsers locked for all the latest song releases in the weeks ahead.
Written by richard on 10/30/12
Submit your Rating
Aftermath / Interscope
First DJ Booth Appearance:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- Rap Quiz: Bet You Can’t Guess The Album Cover Pt. 6
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- 1 Listen Album Review: Drake’s “If You’re Reading This It’s Too Late”
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.