A week after the release of debut set and album-of-the-year front-runner good kid, m.A.A.d. city, I’m still in the process of digesting its eclectic soundscapes and intricate narrative concepts. For those whose metabolism moves a little faster (what are you, a hummingbird?), Kendrick Lamar‘s already back on our pages with a brand new unreleased cut. On The Jig Is Up (Dump’n), a joint recorded just last night, the Compton phenom gives his inner battle rhymer free rein, delivering bars designed to strike fear into competitors’ hearts over J. Cole and Canei Finch‘s funereal street boardwork. Lamar’s post-debut plans are as yet undetermined, but fans can keep their browsers locked for all the latest song releases in the weeks ahead.
Written by richard on 10/30/12
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- 4 Fresh Songs (& An Album) You Might Have Missed (12/15)
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: Nicki Minaj’s (Kinda Boring) “The Pinkprint”
- Mike WiLL Made-It - Ransom
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.