Since April, West Coast fast-riser Kendrick Lamar has been leading up to his highly-anticipated new street album with a series of leaks as eclectic as they were dope. Perhaps the most offbeat release of the bunch, Tammy’s Song (Her Evil) is a dark narrative jam which finds THC blending throbbing bass with 8-bit synths as the freestyle alum tells the story of a female who’s driven into the arms of other women after her man betrays her trust. Fans can expect plenty more dope surprises where this came from on #Section80, scheduled for digital release this Saturday.
Written by richard on 07/1/11
Submit your Rating
Aftermath / Interscope
First DJ Booth Appearance:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- Rap Quiz: Bet You Can’t Guess The Album Cover Pt. 6
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- 1 Listen Album Review: Drake’s “If You’re Reading This It’s Too Late”
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.