Since April, West Coast fast-riser Kendrick Lamar has been leading up to his highly-anticipated new street album with a series of leaks as eclectic as they were dope. Perhaps the most offbeat release of the bunch, Tammy’s Song (Her Evil) is a dark narrative jam which finds THC blending throbbing bass with 8-bit synths as the freestyle alum tells the story of a female who’s driven into the arms of other women after her man betrays her trust. Fans can expect plenty more dope surprises where this came from on #Section80, scheduled for digital release this Saturday.
Written by richard on 07/1/11
Submit your Rating
Aftermath / Interscope
First DJ Booth Appearance:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- Digging Up Your Favorite Rapper’s Hidden Internet Gems
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- Rap Lines That Make No Fucking Sense: The Comeback
- Saba, The Native Son #TopProspects
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.