UPDATE: Click “Watch Video” above to view the brand new video for Swimming Pools (Drank).
Hip-hop’s never been shy about drinking, but in recent years rappers seem to have taken liver-destruction to a new level. No longer are they content to merely get drunk, now only Swimming Pools full of liquor will do. Coming on the heels of The Recipe, Kendrick Lamar‘s second single, Swimming Pools (Drank), brings in super producer T-Minus for a blurry and faded beat that fits the track’s hypnotic concept perfectly. And while at first Drank may sound like just another booze fest, this is Kendrick Lamar, and sure enough the always complex emcee delves into the dark side of knocking back all those shots, at one point even giving voice to a conscience that warns him that he’s on the verge of collapse. If Kendrick keeps coming with releases like this expect the buzz around his TDE/Aftermath/Interscope debut album, good kid m.A.A.d city, to reach a fever pitch come October 2.
First DJ Booth Appearance:
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Logic ft. Big Sean - Alright
- Top Remixes of the Month [April 2014]
- Asher Roth - Retrohash
- Iggy Azalea - The New Classic
- Joyner Lucas - Don’t Ask for Nothin
- Top Hip Hop / R&B Music Songs Chart (April 21, 2014)
- Behind The Boards Interview Series: Statik Selektah
- Future - Honest LP
- Win an Exclusive Vinyl Version of De La Soul’s “Smell The Da.I.S.Y.” [CONTEST]
- DJ Whoo Kid Breaks Down His Essential DJ Set-Up
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.