UPDATE: Click “Watch Video” above to view the brand new video for Swimming Pools (Drank).
Hip-hop’s never been shy about drinking, but in recent years rappers seem to have taken liver-destruction to a new level. No longer are they content to merely get drunk, now only Swimming Pools full of liquor will do. Coming on the heels of The Recipe, Kendrick Lamar‘s second single, Swimming Pools (Drank), brings in super producer T-Minus for a blurry and faded beat that fits the track’s hypnotic concept perfectly. And while at first Drank may sound like just another booze fest, this is Kendrick Lamar, and sure enough the always complex emcee delves into the dark side of knocking back all those shots, at one point even giving voice to a conscience that warns him that he’s on the verge of collapse. If Kendrick keeps coming with releases like this expect the buzz around his TDE/Aftermath/Interscope debut album, good kid m.A.A.d city, to reach a fever pitch come October 2.
Written by Nathan S. on 08/3/12
Submit your Rating
Aftermath / Interscope
First DJ Booth Appearance:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Epic Fail: Bobby Shmurda’s Label Cashed In & Then Bailed Out
- Open Mic: Why Rappers Need to Play Small Shows
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Could Kanye’s Rapper Reparations Idea Actually Work?
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.