It apparently took Kendrick Lamar three takes to get his rapid fire yet lyrically intricate flow perfect, which begs the question; how many takes do you think it took Busta Rhymes to perfect his flow on the brand new Rigamortis (Remix)? My completely uneducated guess? One take. First hinted at by Kendrick during a live show months ago, the Rigamortis (Remix) keeps Willie B’s original jazz meets boom-bap percussion beat intact, along with Kendrick’s microphone killing bars. So the real difference maker here is brand new Cash Money signee Busta, who once again puts on a fireworks display of a guest verse, particularly beginning at the 3:20 mark, while dropping some of his fastest flows since Worldwide Choppers. And as if that’s not enough, Bussa Bus also unleashes the first “shrimp scampi” with “Governor Pataki” rhyme in hip-hop history. It’s a noble effort from Mr. Rhymes, but that doesn’t necessarily make it better than the original – I’m going to leave it up to our readers to decide which version they prefer. While this remix is a free agent, fans can hear the original and much more dopeness on Kendrick’s acclaimed #Section80 album, out now.
Written by Nathan S. on 11/22/11
First DJ Booth Appearance:
Member Reviews and Ratings
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (8/22)
- Drake vs. Lil Wayne - The Hits
- Run The Jewels - Blockbuster Night (Part 1)
- T.I. ft. Skylar Grey - New National Anthem
- Interview With a “White Rapper”: Rittz on Race, Respect & Hip-Hop
- Wiz Khalifa - Blacc Hollywood
- Kanye West is Right, the Media is the Fucking Worst
- The DJBooth Top Prospects EP (Vol. 1)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.