It apparently took Kendrick Lamar three takes to get his rapid fire yet lyrically intricate flow perfect, which begs the question; how many takes do you think it took Busta Rhymes to perfect his flow on the brand new Rigamortis (Remix)? My completely uneducated guess? One take. First hinted at by Kendrick during a live show months ago, the Rigamortis (Remix) keeps Willie B’s original jazz meets boom-bap percussion beat intact, along with Kendrick’s microphone killing bars. So the real difference maker here is brand new Cash Money signee Busta, who once again puts on a fireworks display of a guest verse, particularly beginning at the 3:20 mark, while dropping some of his fastest flows since Worldwide Choppers. And as if that’s not enough, Bussa Bus also unleashes the first “shrimp scampi” with “Governor Pataki” rhyme in hip-hop history. It’s a noble effort from Mr. Rhymes, but that doesn’t necessarily make it better than the original – I’m going to leave it up to our readers to decide which version they prefer. While this remix is a free agent, fans can hear the original and much more dopeness on Kendrick’s acclaimed #Section80 album, out now.
Written by Nathan S. on 11/22/11
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- 5 More Fresh Songs You Might Have Missed
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (September 2014)
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (9/26)
- Kings Dead - Don’t Need Much
- Nova Rockafeller ft. Michael Christmas - Problem
- Stalley ft. Rick Ross - Everything A Dope Boy Ever Wanted
- Saigon - GSNT3: The Troubled Times of Brian Carenard
- How to Get Your Music Posted Online: The Email Edition
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.