It apparently took Kendrick Lamar three takes to get his rapid fire yet lyrically intricate flow perfect, which begs the question; how many takes do you think it took Busta Rhymes to perfect his flow on the brand new Rigamortis (Remix)? My completely uneducated guess? One take. First hinted at by Kendrick during a live show months ago, the Rigamortis (Remix) keeps Willie B’s original jazz meets boom-bap percussion beat intact, along with Kendrick’s microphone killing bars. So the real difference maker here is brand new Cash Money signee Busta, who once again puts on a fireworks display of a guest verse, particularly beginning at the 3:20 mark, while dropping some of his fastest flows since Worldwide Choppers. And as if that’s not enough, Bussa Bus also unleashes the first “shrimp scampi” with “Governor Pataki” rhyme in hip-hop history. It’s a noble effort from Mr. Rhymes, but that doesn’t necessarily make it better than the original – I’m going to leave it up to our readers to decide which version they prefer. While this remix is a free agent, fans can hear the original and much more dopeness on Kendrick’s acclaimed #Section80 album, out now.
Written by Nathan S. on 11/22/11
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Eminem Vs. DJ Whoo Kid - Shady Classics
- Omar LinX - Forgive Me
- Kid Cudi Thinks Hip-Hop Is Endangered - He’s Wrong
- Tayyib Ali - Keystone State of Mind III
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (11/21)
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.