Featuring an iconic sample and a heavyweight guest feature, Poetic Justice was the one track off Kendrick Lamar‘s blockbuster debut set that screamed “potential single selection.” After scoring a massive hit with Swimming Pools (Drank) and seeing more modest success with follow-up Backseat Freestyle, the Compton phenom has finally unleashed his ace-in-the-hole, a sultry jam which finds him trading verses with Aubrey “Drake” Graham over Scoop DeVille‘s inspired flip of Janet Jackson‘s Any Time, Any Place. An unknown director’s riveting visuals round out the package (no cameo from Miss Jackson, sadly). On the off chance you haven’t already copped good kid, m.A.A.d. city, Kendrick’s 2012 freshman full-length is still available wherever fine music is sold.
Written by richard on 02/22/13
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Ludacris ft. Miguel - Good Lovin’
- Lupe Fiasco ft. PJ - Mazinger
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (October 2014)
- Lil Wayne ft. The LOX - Gotti
- 4 Fresh Songs (& An Album) You Might Have Missed (10/27)
- Drake - 6 God EP
- Run the Jewels - RTJ2
- T.I. - Paperwork: The Motion Picture
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.