Featuring an iconic sample and a heavyweight guest feature, Poetic Justice was the one track off Kendrick Lamar‘s blockbuster debut set that screamed “potential single selection.” After scoring a massive hit with Swimming Pools (Drank) and seeing more modest success with follow-up Backseat Freestyle, the Compton phenom has finally unleashed his ace-in-the-hole, a sultry jam which finds him trading verses with Aubrey “Drake” Graham over Scoop DeVille‘s inspired flip of Janet Jackson‘s Any Time, Any Place. An unknown director’s riveting visuals round out the package (no cameo from Miss Jackson, sadly). On the off chance you haven’t already copped good kid, m.A.A.d. city, Kendrick’s 2012 freshman full-length is still available wherever fine music is sold.
First DJ Booth Appearance:
Member Reviews and Ratings
- DJ Drama x Don Cannon x Trendsetter Sense - The Boondocks Mixtape (Season 4)
- Mick Jenkins - Steam
- Top Hip Hop / R&B Music Chart (April 14, 2014)
- Future - Honest LP
- Nas - Illmatic XX
- Dizzy Wright - State of Mind EP
- Locksmith - A Thousand Cuts
- 25 Most Popular Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of March 2014
- Behind The Boards Interview Series: !llmind
- The Best Hip Hop Songs & Albums of 2013!
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.