Update: The Hiro Murai-directed visuals for Flying Lotus’ Never Catch Me single have been added.
Flying Lotus (aka Captain Murphy) has a well earned reputation as one of the most fearlessly creative producers in music, and Kendrick Lamar isn’t exactly shy about stepping well outside the boundaries of normal. So when the two join forces for the new single, Never Catch Me, the result is, you guessed it, a track that’s pretty much guaranteed to blow minds, or alienate listeners with its schizophrenic approach to audio. It’s probably one of those either/or situations. For those finding themselves going heavy on that repeat button, you’re going to want to check out FlyLo’s You’re Dead! album, dropping October 7.
Written by Nathan S. on 10/1/14
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Night Blooming Jasmine" (2012)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Billion Dollars in an Elevator: The Definitive 2014 Hip-Hop Timeline
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.