Update: The Hiro Murai-directed visuals for Flying Lotus’ Never Catch Me single have been added.
Flying Lotus (aka Captain Murphy) has a well earned reputation as one of the most fearlessly creative producers in music, and Kendrick Lamar isn’t exactly shy about stepping well outside the boundaries of normal. So when the two join forces for the new single, Never Catch Me, the result is, you guessed it, a track that’s pretty much guaranteed to blow minds, or alienate listeners with its schizophrenic approach to audio. It’s probably one of those either/or situations. For those finding themselves going heavy on that repeat button, you’re going to want to check out FlyLo’s You’re Dead! album, dropping October 7.
Written by Nathan S. on 10/1/14
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Night Blooming Jasmine" (2012)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Fast Food Music: How Our Hunger for More is Killing Hip-Hop
- Rihanna & Kanye’s “FourFiveSeconds” is a Blue Collar Anthem
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- Digging Up Your Favorite Rapper’s Hidden Internet Gems
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.