HiiPower, Sex With Society and Ronald Reagan Era, the previous Booth-featured leaks off Kendrick Lamar‘s forthcoming street album, were (respectively) a politically-charged lyrical tour de force, a pornographically freaky street banger, and another politically-charged lyrical tour de force. Thus, if the pattern holds, we can expect to hear more about the West Coast emcee’s erotic fantasies on numero quatre, right? Indeed—Hol’ Up opens with the West Coast buzzmaker sitting in first class, contemplating asking a sexy stewardess to induct him into the Mile-High Club: “If I can f*ck her in front of all of these passengers, they’ll probably think I’m a terrorist.” While braggadocio and debauchery are the order of the day, the freestyle series alum‘s manifest mic skills and personality-drenched style (along with a few disarming insights into his history: “I lived my twenties at two years old”) make this cut an illuminating listen—and beatsmith Sounwave‘s blissfully mellow, brass-sampled beat elevates it to “can’t miss” status. But enough outta me; are you digging it? Then be sure to cop Kendrick’s latest release, #Section80, when it hits the ‘net July 2.
Listen to More: Kendrick Lamar
Written by richard on 06/26/11
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 2 Chainz ft. Young Thug - Dresser (Lil Boy)
- Jennifer Lopez ft. Iggy Azalea - Booty (Remix)
- Lupe Fiasco ft. Billy Blue - Pu$$y
- Lil Dicky - Lemme Freak
- Yelawolf - Till It’s Gone
- Big K.R.I.T. ft. Juicy J, Rittz & A$AP Ferg - Drinkers Club
- Once Lost, a Lil Wayne Fan Finds His Faith in “Carter V”
- Big Sean - Untitled EP
- Kendrick Sued Over “Rigamortis”, Should He Pay Up? (A Sample Clearance Guide)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.