Unable to Watch this Youtube Video? Click here to play in Soundcloud instead.
In his review of Kendrick Lamar‘s major-label debut album, the Booth’s own Nathan S. goes so far as to call the LP a classic-in-the-making—and my ears find no evidence to the contrary. In case those and other monumental critical assertions haven’t been enough to get your attention, though, the South Central representer’s gathered a couple of his Black Hippy colleagues to pique public interest with a brand new cut not featured on the set. The latest entry in a series that dates back to 2010, The Heart Part. 3 sees Tae Beast slicing and dicing an atmospheric sample as the headliner trades reflective verses with crewmates Ab-Soul and Jay Rock. On the back, in a ragged, almost desperate tone, he asks listeners, “Will you let hip-hop die on October 22nd?” If your answer is “no,” then make sure to schedule a trip to your local record store this Tuesday, when good kid m.A.A.d city is scheduled to be unleashed upon the listening populace.
Written by richard on 10/21/12
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- S1 Confirms Kanye West Working on New Album, Songs Are “Feel Good” #A3CProAudio
- 5 Fresh Songs You Might Have Missed (10/20)
- PRhyme (Royce Da 5’9” & DJ Premier) - U Looz
- Lil Dicky ft. Michael Christmas & Rockie Fresh - Would You Believe That
- DeJ Loaf - Sell Sole
- Heat Check: How Do You Feel About Drake’s “How About Now”
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (10/17)
- All 79 Things Chance the Rapper Hates on “No Better Blues”
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.