Unable to Watch this Youtube Video? Click here to play in Soundcloud instead.
In his review of Kendrick Lamar‘s major-label debut album, the Booth’s own Nathan S. goes so far as to call the LP a classic-in-the-making—and my ears find no evidence to the contrary. In case those and other monumental critical assertions haven’t been enough to get your attention, though, the South Central representer’s gathered a couple of his Black Hippy colleagues to pique public interest with a brand new cut not featured on the set. The latest entry in a series that dates back to 2010, The Heart Part. 3 sees Tae Beast slicing and dicing an atmospheric sample as the headliner trades reflective verses with crewmates Ab-Soul and Jay Rock. On the back, in a ragged, almost desperate tone, he asks listeners, “Will you let hip-hop die on October 22nd?” If your answer is “no,” then make sure to schedule a trip to your local record store this Tuesday, when good kid m.A.A.d city is scheduled to be unleashed upon the listening populace.
Written by richard on 10/21/12
First DJ Booth Appearance:
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Interview With a “White Rapper”: Rittz on Race, Respect & Hip-Hop
- Statik Selektah - What Goes Around
- Wiz Khalifa - Blacc Hollywood
- Top 20 Hip Hop / R&B Songs Chart (August 18, 2014)
- Lupe Fiasco Puts Ratchet Appeal With a Concept “Next To It”
- Kanye West is Right, the Media is the Fucking Worst
- The DJBooth Top Prospects EP (Vol. 1)
- DJBooth City Cypher #1 (ft. Emilio Rojas, Maffew Ragazino, Black Dave, HD & Kirk Knight)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.