Unable to Watch this Youtube Video? Click here to play in Soundcloud instead.
In his review of Kendrick Lamar‘s major-label debut album, the Booth’s own Nathan S. goes so far as to call the LP a classic-in-the-making—and my ears find no evidence to the contrary. In case those and other monumental critical assertions haven’t been enough to get your attention, though, the South Central representer’s gathered a couple of his Black Hippy colleagues to pique public interest with a brand new cut not featured on the set. The latest entry in a series that dates back to 2010, The Heart Part. 3 sees Tae Beast slicing and dicing an atmospheric sample as the headliner trades reflective verses with crewmates Ab-Soul and Jay Rock. On the back, in a ragged, almost desperate tone, he asks listeners, “Will you let hip-hop die on October 22nd?” If your answer is “no,” then make sure to schedule a trip to your local record store this Tuesday, when good kid m.A.A.d city is scheduled to be unleashed upon the listening populace.
Written by richard on 10/21/12
First DJ Booth Appearance:
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Draft Day: What Label Should Your Favorite Rapper Sign To?
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (August 2014)
- Kev Decor - Swamp Ass
- “Views from All Day”: Drake, Kanye & The State of Hip-Hop Leaks
- Jeezy - Seen It All: The Autobiography
- Ty Dolla $ign - $ign Language
- Eminem ft. Sia - Guts Over Fear
- Drake vs. Lil Wayne - The Hits
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.