Unable to Watch this Youtube Video? Click here to play in Soundcloud instead.
In his review of Kendrick Lamar‘s major-label debut album, the Booth’s own Nathan S. goes so far as to call the LP a classic-in-the-making—and my ears find no evidence to the contrary. In case those and other monumental critical assertions haven’t been enough to get your attention, though, the South Central representer’s gathered a couple of his Black Hippy colleagues to pique public interest with a brand new cut not featured on the set. The latest entry in a series that dates back to 2010, The Heart Part. 3 sees Tae Beast slicing and dicing an atmospheric sample as the headliner trades reflective verses with crewmates Ab-Soul and Jay Rock. On the back, in a ragged, almost desperate tone, he asks listeners, “Will you let hip-hop die on October 22nd?” If your answer is “no,” then make sure to schedule a trip to your local record store this Tuesday, when good kid m.A.A.d city is scheduled to be unleashed upon the listening populace.
Written by richard on 10/21/12
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- The Worlds Needs a Freddie Gibbs x BJ The Chicago Kid Album
- Tasha The Amazon - Can’t Control Us
- Is Madonna Working on a Secret Rap Album?
- RyattFienix - Ryse of the Fienix
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)