Unable to Watch this Youtube Video? Click here to play in Soundcloud instead.
In his review of Kendrick Lamar‘s major-label debut album, the Booth’s own Nathan S. goes so far as to call the LP a classic-in-the-making—and my ears find no evidence to the contrary. In case those and other monumental critical assertions haven’t been enough to get your attention, though, the South Central representer’s gathered a couple of his Black Hippy colleagues to pique public interest with a brand new cut not featured on the set. The latest entry in a series that dates back to 2010, The Heart Part. 3 sees Tae Beast slicing and dicing an atmospheric sample as the headliner trades reflective verses with crewmates Ab-Soul and Jay Rock. On the back, in a ragged, almost desperate tone, he asks listeners, “Will you let hip-hop die on October 22nd?” If your answer is “no,” then make sure to schedule a trip to your local record store this Tuesday, when good kid m.A.A.d city is scheduled to be unleashed upon the listening populace.
First DJ Booth Appearance:
Member Reviews and Ratings
- 25 Most Popular Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of February 2014
- Pharrell - G I R L
- Rick Ross - Mastermind
- ScHoolboy Q - Oxymoron
- A 15 Song Tour Through Pharrell’s Career
- SchoolBoy Q ft. 2 Chainz - What They Want
- Future ft. Pharrell, Pusha T & Casino - Move That Dope
- Nyzzy Nyce - Nothing Nyce
- Devin Miles - Where the DJs At?
- The Best Hip Hop Songs & Albums of 2013!