Currently sitting at number on on the Booth’s own Rap Chart, Compton was as much of an event as it was a record, featuring Kendrick Lamar trading bars with G-funk pioneer Dr. Dre over a beat whose vocoded flourishes seemed designed to evoke 2Pac‘s classic California Love. It’s tough to top the epic scope of a cut like that—so, wisely, Kendrick Lamar isn’t trying. Instead, for the latest song release off the set, he’s inviting listeners to look on as he spits an off-the-cuff Backseat Freestyle. Here, Hit-Boy‘s clattering, reverb-drenched rhythms set the stages for verses which find Lamar going dumb in the flyest fashion possible. On the memorable hook, he crows, “I pray my d**k get big as the Eiffel Tower, / So I can f**k the world for 72 hours.” Feeling it? You’ll be able to find this braggadocious jam and plenty more where it came from on good kid m.A.A.d city, set to drop this coming Monday via Top Dawg/Aftermath/Interscope. Click here to pre-order the highly-anticipated set.
Update: Click “Watch Video” above or scroll down to view Kendrick’s Jerome D and Dave Free-directed Backseat Freestyle visual.
Written by richard on 01/2/13
Submit your Rating
Aftermath / Interscope
First DJ Booth Appearance:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- Rap Quiz: Bet You Can’t Guess The Album Cover Pt. 6
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- 1 Listen Album Review: Drake’s “If You’re Reading This It’s Too Late”
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.