Currently sitting at number on on the Booth’s own Rap Chart, Compton was as much of an event as it was a record, featuring Kendrick Lamar trading bars with G-funk pioneer Dr. Dre over a beat whose vocoded flourishes seemed designed to evoke 2Pac‘s classic California Love. It’s tough to top the epic scope of a cut like that—so, wisely, Kendrick Lamar isn’t trying. Instead, for the latest song release off the set, he’s inviting listeners to look on as he spits an off-the-cuff Backseat Freestyle. Here, Hit-Boy‘s clattering, reverb-drenched rhythms set the stages for verses which find Lamar going dumb in the flyest fashion possible. On the memorable hook, he crows, “I pray my d**k get big as the Eiffel Tower, / So I can f**k the world for 72 hours.” Feeling it? You’ll be able to find this braggadocious jam and plenty more where it came from on good kid m.A.A.d city, set to drop this coming Monday via Top Dawg/Aftermath/Interscope. Click here to pre-order the highly-anticipated set.
Update: Click “Watch Video” above or scroll down to view Kendrick’s Jerome D and Dave Free-directed Backseat Freestyle visual.
Written by richard on 01/2/13
First DJ Booth Appearance:
You Might Like...
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Once Lost, a Lil Wayne Fan Finds His Faith in “Carter V”
- Rick Ross ft. Project Pat - Elvis Presley Blvd.
- Big Sean - Untitled EP
- Chris Brown ft. Trey Songz - Songs on 12 Play
- Dyme-A-Duzin - Hip Hope
- Max Wonders - Questions
- “I’m Real”: Five Questions With Raury
- Mick Jenkins - DJBooth RapBox Freestyle
- Kendrick Sued Over “Rigamortis”, Should He Pay Up? (A Sample Clearance Guide)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.