Plenty of contemporary hip-hop artists take fashion cues from the 1990s, but few are as dedicated to retro-chic as Booth newcomer Kelow, who loves the decade so much that she still hasn’t traded in her beeper for a mobile phone. Making its world premiere right here in The DJBooth, Hit My Pager finds producer MXXM blending grimy, clanging percussion with buzzing synth-bass as the headliner flaunts her microphone skills and her fly, ‘90s-baby style. Fellow DMV representative tabi Bonney guests, lending his blunted braggadocio to the joint’s opening verse. Feeling it? You’ll find plenty more where this came from on Kelow’s Stixxx-n-Stonez EP, scheduled for digital release December 24.
Written by richard on 11/29/12
Submit your Rating
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- DeJ Loaf - Sell Sole
- Heat Check: How Do You Feel About Drake’s “How About Now”
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (10/17)
- Freddie Gibbs x Madlib ft. Action Bronson, Joey BadA$$ & Ransom - Knicks (Remix)
- All 79 Things Chance the Rapper Hates on “No Better Blues”
- Lupe Fiasco ft. Sirah - Lilies
- ShayGray - No Sense of Accomplishment
- F*ck Norms: Why the Critics Are Wrong About Yung Lean
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.