Plenty of contemporary hip-hop artists take fashion cues from the 1990s, but few are as dedicated to retro-chic as Booth newcomer Kelow, who loves the decade so much that she still hasn’t traded in her beeper for a mobile phone. Making its world premiere right here in The DJBooth, Hit My Pager finds producer MXXM blending grimy, clanging percussion with buzzing synth-bass as the headliner flaunts her microphone skills and her fly, ‘90s-baby style. Fellow DMV representative tabi Bonney guests, lending his blunted braggadocio to the joint’s opening verse. Feeling it? You’ll find plenty more where this came from on Kelow’s Stixxx-n-Stonez EP, scheduled for digital release December 24.
Written by richard on 11/29/12
- Big K.R.I.T. ft. Juicy J, Rittz & A$AP Ferg - Drinkers Club
- Once Lost, a Lil Wayne Fan Finds His Faith in “Carter V”
- Rick Ross ft. Project Pat - Elvis Presley Blvd.
- Big Sean - Untitled EP
- Chris Brown ft. Trey Songz - Songs on 12 Play
- Dyme-A-Duzin - Hip Hope
- “I’m Real”: Five Questions With Raury
- Mick Jenkins - DJBooth RapBox Freestyle
- Kendrick Sued Over “Rigamortis”, Should He Pay Up? (A Sample Clearance Guide)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.