Plenty of contemporary hip-hop artists take fashion cues from the 1990s, but few are as dedicated to retro-chic as Booth newcomer Kelow, who loves the decade so much that she still hasn’t traded in her beeper for a mobile phone. Making its world premiere right here in The DJBooth, Hit My Pager finds producer MXXM blending grimy, clanging percussion with buzzing synth-bass as the headliner flaunts her microphone skills and her fly, ‘90s-baby style. Fellow DMV representative tabi Bonney guests, lending his blunted braggadocio to the joint’s opening verse. Feeling it? You’ll find plenty more where this came from on Kelow’s Stixxx-n-Stonez EP, scheduled for digital release December 24.
Written by richard on 11/29/12
Submit your Rating
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- The Worlds Needs a Freddie Gibbs x BJ The Chicago Kid Album
- Tasha The Amazon - Can’t Control Us
- Is Madonna Working on a Secret Rap Album?
- RyattFienix - Ryse of the Fienix
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)