Plenty of contemporary hip-hop artists take fashion cues from the 1990s, but few are as dedicated to retro-chic as Booth newcomer Kelow, who loves the decade so much that she still hasn’t traded in her beeper for a mobile phone. Making its world premiere right here in The DJBooth, Hit My Pager finds producer MXXM blending grimy, clanging percussion with buzzing synth-bass as the headliner flaunts her microphone skills and her fly, ‘90s-baby style. Fellow DMV representative tabi Bonney guests, lending his blunted braggadocio to the joint’s opening verse. Feeling it? You’ll find plenty more where this came from on Kelow’s Stixxx-n-Stonez EP, scheduled for digital release December 24.
Written by richard on 11/29/12
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Kanye Thinks Drake is #1 Right Now - Is He Right? (Rap Power Rankings)
- The Weeknd - King of the Fall
- Bobby Shmurda is the New Worst Thing to Happen to Shmusic
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Mick Jenkins, The Conscience #TopProspects
- Jeremih x Shlohmo - No More EP
- HD - BBQ Goldfish
- Drake’s New Album is Titled “Views From the 6”: Dope, Wack or Eh?
- Real Recognize Real: GoldLink on Loving Lil Bibby, Shaq & Robots
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (June 2014)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.