Plenty of contemporary hip-hop artists take fashion cues from the 1990s, but few are as dedicated to retro-chic as Booth newcomer Kelow, who loves the decade so much that she still hasn’t traded in her beeper for a mobile phone. Making its world premiere right here in The DJBooth, Hit My Pager finds producer MXXM blending grimy, clanging percussion with buzzing synth-bass as the headliner flaunts her microphone skills and her fly, ‘90s-baby style. Fellow DMV representative tabi Bonney guests, lending his blunted braggadocio to the joint’s opening verse. Feeling it? You’ll find plenty more where this came from on Kelow’s Stixxx-n-Stonez EP, scheduled for digital release December 24.
Written by richard on 11/29/12
Submit your Rating
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (1/23)
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- Digging Up Your Favorite Rapper’s Hidden Internet Gems
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- Rap Lines That Make No Fucking Sense: The Comeback
- Saba, The Native Son #TopProspects
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.