Back in April, we heard Janelle Monáe cover David Bowie classic Heroes for inclusion on Beats of the Beautiful Game, a Pepsi-helmed project created to celebrate the upcoming World Cup. Rather than reaching back in rock history, Kelly Rowland has decided to make her contribution an original. The Game is a stirring pep talk in musical form. Over an unknown beatsmith’s synth fanfare, the Destiny’s Child alumnus belts lines like, “Don’t let ‘em break you down, don’t let ‘em see you fall. / The only time is now; get up and dust it off!” The chanted, call-and-response hook only heightens the joint’s stadium appeal. For more uplifting cuts, cop Beats of the Beautiful Game when it hits record stores and online retailers next Tuesday, June 10.
Written by richard on 06/2/14
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Like This ft. Eve" (2007)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Lupe Fiasco ft. Billy Blue - Pu$$y
- Red Cup Nation ft. Tommy Parker - Girls
- Lil Dicky - Lemme Freak
- Yelawolf - Till It’s Gone
- Big K.R.I.T. ft. Juicy J, Rittz & A$AP Ferg - Drinkers Club
- Once Lost, a Lil Wayne Fan Finds His Faith in “Carter V”
- Rick Ross ft. Project Pat - Elvis Presley Blvd.
- Big Sean - Untitled EP
- Kendrick Sued Over “Rigamortis”, Should He Pay Up? (A Sample Clearance Guide)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.