Back in April, we heard Janelle Monáe cover David Bowie classic Heroes for inclusion on Beats of the Beautiful Game, a Pepsi-helmed project created to celebrate the upcoming World Cup. Rather than reaching back in rock history, Kelly Rowland has decided to make her contribution an original. The Game is a stirring pep talk in musical form. Over an unknown beatsmith’s synth fanfare, the Destiny’s Child alumnus belts lines like, “Don’t let ‘em break you down, don’t let ‘em see you fall. / The only time is now; get up and dust it off!” The chanted, call-and-response hook only heightens the joint’s stadium appeal. For more uplifting cuts, cop Beats of the Beautiful Game when it hits record stores and online retailers next Tuesday, June 10.
Written by richard on 06/2/14
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Like This ft. Eve" (2007)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Could Kanye’s Rapper Reparations Idea Actually Work?
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- Rap Quiz: Bet You Can’t Guess The Album Cover Pt. 6
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.