Kelly Rowland may have been a Child when she kicked off her musical career alongside Beyoncé and Michelle Williams, but that was a long time ago. Now 29-years-old, the singer’s matured into a “Grown-ass Woman” – and, as she explains on the latest single off her forthcoming third solo album, that means no more high-school drama or catfights. Heavyweight production duo Stargate man the boards on this pop-appealing joint, serving up a low-key mix of synths and acoustic/electric guitar as Rowland tells her fella’s jealous ex what would happen to her if the artist wasn’t too much of a damn lady to stoop to that level: “I ain’t gonna mess up my hair tryin’ to go there, break a damn nail or a heel trying to knock you out – but you’d have a problem, no doubt.” Yeah, it’s a little passive-aggressive, but I have a feeling plenty of females will be able to relate to Rowland’s frustration. In any case, fans should keep it locked for the latest on the singer’s currently-untitled LP, which has yet to receive a solid release date from the Universal Motown brass.
Written by richard on 06/7/10
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Like This ft. Eve" (2007)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- Rap Quiz: Bet You Can’t Guess The Album Cover Pt. 6
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- 1 Listen Album Review: Drake’s “If You’re Reading This It’s Too Late”
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.