Kelly Rowland may have been a Child when she kicked off her musical career alongside Beyoncé and Michelle Williams, but that was a long time ago. Now 29-years-old, the singer’s matured into a “Grown-ass Woman” – and, as she explains on the latest single off her forthcoming third solo album, that means no more high-school drama or catfights. Heavyweight production duo Stargate man the boards on this pop-appealing joint, serving up a low-key mix of synths and acoustic/electric guitar as Rowland tells her fella’s jealous ex what would happen to her if the artist wasn’t too much of a damn lady to stoop to that level: “I ain’t gonna mess up my hair tryin’ to go there, break a damn nail or a heel trying to knock you out – but you’d have a problem, no doubt.” Yeah, it’s a little passive-aggressive, but I have a feeling plenty of females will be able to relate to Rowland’s frustration. In any case, fans should keep it locked for the latest on the singer’s currently-untitled LP, which has yet to receive a solid release date from the Universal Motown brass.
Written by richard on 06/7/10
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Like This ft. Eve" (2007)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Eminem Vs. DJ Whoo Kid - Shady Classics
- Omar LinX - Forgive Me
- Kid Cudi Thinks Hip-Hop Is Endangered - He’s Wrong
- Tayyib Ali - Keystone State of Mind III
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (11/21)
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.