On 1970 classic Big Yellow Taxi, Joni Mitchell oberved, “Don’t it always seem to go, that you don’t know what you got till it’s Gone?” Kelly Rowland isn’t immune to the pull of nostalgia, but that’s not gonna stop her from chucking the deuce when she feels she’s being taken for granted. The latest single off the singer’s forthcoming solo set sees her quoting that classic chorus in a warning against her unappreciative man. Unfortunately, the dude in question doesn’t seem to take the hint. Joining Rowland over Harmony Samuels’ bittersweet pop production, Wiz Khalifa brusquely brushes aside her complaints aside: “You’ve been in Hollywood so long your ass startin’ to act Hollywood / Talkin’ bout you’re gonna leave, probably should.” Fans will be able to find this joint, last month’s reader-approved Dirty Laundry and much more on Rowland’s Talk a Good Game LP, dropping next Tuesday (6/18) via Republic Records.
Written by richard on 06/11/13
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Like This ft. Eve" (2007)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Billion Dollars in an Elevator: The Definitive 2014 Hip-Hop Timeline
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.