After the moderate success of Like This, Kelly Rowland chose the hood anthem Ghetto as Ms. Kelly‘s second single. Similar to her verse on Destiny’s Child’s Soldier, Rowland talks about her taste for men who live the “hood life,” from Timberland boots to icy grills (after all, she is from Houston). Household favorite Snoop Dogg drops in for some slick talk about his lifestyle; he is unsure if she can handle it. Tank‘s production rounds out the song and maybe just maybe helps to make a place on the radio for the Ghetto.
Written by Burmy on 08/13/07
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Like This ft. Eve" (2007)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Lupe Fiasco ft. Sirah - Lilies
- ShayGray - No Sense of Accomplishment
- F*ck Norms: Why the Critics Are Wrong About Yung Lean
- Young Thug ft. Lil Wayne - Take Kare
- Jay Rock - Parental Advisory
- Logic - Buried Alive
- Run the Jewels ft. Zack De La Rocha - Close Your Eyes (And Count to F*ck)
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.