After the moderate success of Like This, Kelly Rowland chose the hood anthem Ghetto as Ms. Kelly‘s second single. Similar to her verse on Destiny’s Child’s Soldier, Rowland talks about her taste for men who live the “hood life,” from Timberland boots to icy grills (after all, she is from Houston). Household favorite Snoop Dogg drops in for some slick talk about his lifestyle; he is unsure if she can handle it. Tank‘s production rounds out the song and maybe just maybe helps to make a place on the radio for the Ghetto.
Written by Burmy on 08/13/07
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Like This ft. Eve" (2007)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Could Kanye’s Rapper Reparations Idea Actually Work?
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- Rap Quiz: Bet You Can’t Guess The Album Cover Pt. 6
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.