After the moderate success of Like This, Kelly Rowland chose the hood anthem Ghetto as Ms. Kelly‘s second single. Similar to her verse on Destiny’s Child’s Soldier, Rowland talks about her taste for men who live the “hood life,” from Timberland boots to icy grills (after all, she is from Houston). Household favorite Snoop Dogg drops in for some slick talk about his lifestyle; he is unsure if she can handle it. Tank‘s production rounds out the song and maybe just maybe helps to make a place on the radio for the Ghetto.
Written by Burmy on 08/13/07
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Like This ft. Eve" (2007)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- The Worlds Needs a Freddie Gibbs x BJ The Chicago Kid Album
- Tasha The Amazon - Can’t Control Us
- Is Madonna Working on a Secret Rap Album?
- RyattFienix - Ryse of the Fienix
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)