After the moderate success of Like This, Kelly Rowland chose the hood anthem Ghetto as Ms. Kelly‘s second single. Similar to her verse on Destiny’s Child’s Soldier, Rowland talks about her taste for men who live the “hood life,” from Timberland boots to icy grills (after all, she is from Houston). Household favorite Snoop Dogg drops in for some slick talk about his lifestyle; he is unsure if she can handle it. Tank‘s production rounds out the song and maybe just maybe helps to make a place on the radio for the Ghetto.
Written by Burmy on 08/13/07
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Like This ft. Eve" (2007)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Best/Worst Of The Week: DMX Loses His Shit (In a Good Way), Droog Still Isn’t Nas
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Cam’ron - 1st of the Month Vol. 2
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (July 2014)
- DJBooth City Cypher #1 (ft. Emilio Rojas, Maffew Ragazino, Black Dave, HD & Kirk Knight)
- It’s Electric: An EDM Guide For the Hip-Hop Head
- Russ, The Wild Card #TopProspects
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)
- Real Recognize Real: Wrekonize on Pink Floyd, the Rise of TDE & More
- Bobby Shmurda is the New Worst Thing to Happen to Shmusic
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.