After the moderate success of Like This, Kelly Rowland chose the hood anthem Ghetto as Ms. Kelly‘s second single. Similar to her verse on Destiny’s Child’s Soldier, Rowland talks about her taste for men who live the “hood life,” from Timberland boots to icy grills (after all, she is from Houston). Household favorite Snoop Dogg drops in for some slick talk about his lifestyle; he is unsure if she can handle it. Tank‘s production rounds out the song and maybe just maybe helps to make a place on the radio for the Ghetto.
Written by Burmy on 08/13/07
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Like This ft. Eve" (2007)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Beyond the Lights: Machine Gun Kelly Learns to Act Like Himself
- Reggie Bonds - Stream of Consciousness Pt. 1
- Eminem Vs. DJ Whoo Kid - Shady Classics
- Kid Cudi Thinks Hip-Hop Is Endangered - He’s Wrong
- Tayyib Ali - Keystone State of Mind III
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (11/21)
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.