Kelly Rowland has been hard at work the past four years escaping the shadow of her former group’s lead singer. While Beyonce has gotten all the headlines, Kelly has done her own thing. While her 2003 solo debut, Simply Deep, didn’t sell many units, it allowed fans the opportunity to recognize individual talent. Now on her follow-up, Ms. Kelly, the Georgia native is comfortable in her own shoes. On the track Work, featuring an appearance by Fat Joe, Kelly offers up a danceable number produced by Scott Storch that should have people following her suggestion to work it. Although it might not be strong enough to win at radio, it’ll go in the iPod for a run at the gym.
Written by DJ Z on 07/13/07
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Like This ft. Eve" (2007)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Epic Fail: Bobby Shmurda’s Label Cashed In & Then Bailed Out
- Open Mic: Why Rappers Need to Play Small Shows
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Could Kanye’s Rapper Reparations Idea Actually Work?
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.