Kelly Rowland has been hard at work the past four years escaping the shadow of her former group’s lead singer. While Beyonce has gotten all the headlines, Kelly has done her own thing. While her 2003 solo debut, Simply Deep, didn’t sell many units, it allowed fans the opportunity to recognize individual talent. Now on her follow-up, Ms. Kelly, the Georgia native is comfortable in her own shoes. On the track Work, featuring an appearance by Fat Joe, Kelly offers up a danceable number produced by Scott Storch that should have people following her suggestion to work it. Although it might not be strong enough to win at radio, it’ll go in the iPod for a run at the gym.
Written by DJ Z on 07/13/07
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Like This ft. Eve" (2007)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Cam’ron - 1st of the Month Vol. 4 EP
- One Song to Prove Big Sean is a Dope Rapper (Really)
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- 5 More Fresh Songs You Might Have Missed
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (September 2014)
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (9/26)
- Kings Dead - Don’t Need Much
- Saigon - GSNT3: The Troubled Times of Brian Carenard
- How to Get Your Music Posted Online: The Email Edition
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.