Kelly Rowland has been hard at work the past four years escaping the shadow of her former group’s lead singer. While Beyonce has gotten all the headlines, Kelly has done her own thing. While her 2003 solo debut, Simply Deep, didn’t sell many units, it allowed fans the opportunity to recognize individual talent. Now on her follow-up, Ms. Kelly, the Georgia native is comfortable in her own shoes. On the track Work, featuring an appearance by Fat Joe, Kelly offers up a danceable number produced by Scott Storch that should have people following her suggestion to work it. Although it might not be strong enough to win at radio, it’ll go in the iPod for a run at the gym.
Written by DJ Z on 07/13/07
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Like This ft. Eve" (2007)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- T.I. ft. Skylar Grey - New National Anthem
- Interview With a “White Rapper”: Rittz on Race, Respect & Hip-Hop
- Statik Selektah - What Goes Around
- Wiz Khalifa - Blacc Hollywood
- Top 20 Hip Hop / R&B Songs Chart (August 18, 2014)
- Kanye West is Right, the Media is the Fucking Worst
- The DJBooth Top Prospects EP (Vol. 1)
- DJBooth City Cypher #1 (ft. Emilio Rojas, Maffew Ragazino, Black Dave, HD & Kirk Knight)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.