Kelly Rowland has been hard at work the past four years escaping the shadow of her former group’s lead singer. While Beyonce has gotten all the headlines, Kelly has done her own thing. While her 2003 solo debut, Simply Deep, didn’t sell many units, it allowed fans the opportunity to recognize individual talent. Now on her follow-up, Ms. Kelly, the Georgia native is comfortable in her own shoes. On the track Work, featuring an appearance by Fat Joe, Kelly offers up a danceable number produced by Scott Storch that should have people following her suggestion to work it. Although it might not be strong enough to win at radio, it’ll go in the iPod for a run at the gym.
Written by DJ Z on 07/13/07
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Like This ft. Eve" (2007)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Kanye Thinks Drake is #1 Right Now - Is He Right? (Rap Power Rankings)
- The Weeknd - King of the Fall
- Bobby Shmurda is the New Worst Thing to Happen to Shmusic
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Mick Jenkins, The Conscience #TopProspects
- Jeremih x Shlohmo - No More EP
- HD - BBQ Goldfish
- Drake’s New Album is Titled “Views From the 6”: Dope, Wack or Eh?
- Real Recognize Real: GoldLink on Loving Lil Bibby, Shaq & Robots
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (June 2014)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.