Say what you want about Kelis and her very public divorce from Nas, the lady still lays down music the people seem to like - and nothing is different with her new single 4th of July (Fireworks). As hip-hop, r&b and pop artists embrace and incorporate more electro into their music (like French producer/DJ David Guetta, who has produced hits such as Akon’s Sexy Bi**h and KiD CuDi’s Memories), it will only be a short time before “everyone” in the industry jumps on board. Having left her Milkshake far behind, Kelis has completely adopted the electro aesthetic on 4th of July, leaving listeners with a head-nodding dance track that’s sure to become a staple of pre-partying people everywhere as they prepare to hit the clubs this summer. With DJ Ammo providing the beat, this one has “girls’ night out” written all over it. Kelis’ new album album, Flesh Tone, is out now in the UK and will drop stateside on July 6.
Written by Ivan Ibarra on 05/27/10
Submit your Rating
will.i.am Music Group/Interscope
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Not A Criminal ft. Kelis" (2007)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Billion Dollars in an Elevator: The Definitive 2014 Hip-Hop Timeline
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.