Say what you want about Kelis and her very public divorce from Nas, the lady still lays down music the people seem to like - and nothing is different with her new single 4th of July (Fireworks). As hip-hop, r&b and pop artists embrace and incorporate more electro into their music (like French producer/DJ David Guetta, who has produced hits such as Akon’s Sexy Bi**h and KiD CuDi’s Memories), it will only be a short time before “everyone” in the industry jumps on board. Having left her Milkshake far behind, Kelis has completely adopted the electro aesthetic on 4th of July, leaving listeners with a head-nodding dance track that’s sure to become a staple of pre-partying people everywhere as they prepare to hit the clubs this summer. With DJ Ammo providing the beat, this one has “girls’ night out” written all over it. Kelis’ new album album, Flesh Tone, is out now in the UK and will drop stateside on July 6.
Written by Ivan Ibarra on 05/27/10
Submit your Rating
will.i.am Music Group/Interscope
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Not A Criminal" (2007)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Fast Food Music: How Our Hunger for More is Killing Hip-Hop
- Rihanna & Kanye’s “FourFiveSeconds” is a Blue Collar Anthem
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- Digging Up Your Favorite Rapper’s Hidden Internet Gems
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.