Say what you want about Kelis and her very public divorce from Nas, the lady still lays down music the people seem to like - and nothing is different with her new single 4th of July (Fireworks). As hip-hop, r&b and pop artists embrace and incorporate more electro into their music (like French producer/DJ David Guetta, who has produced hits such as Akon’s Sexy Bi**h and KiD CuDi’s Memories), it will only be a short time before “everyone” in the industry jumps on board. Having left her Milkshake far behind, Kelis has completely adopted the electro aesthetic on 4th of July, leaving listeners with a head-nodding dance track that’s sure to become a staple of pre-partying people everywhere as they prepare to hit the clubs this summer. With DJ Ammo providing the beat, this one has “girls’ night out” written all over it. Kelis’ new album album, Flesh Tone, is out now in the UK and will drop stateside on July 6.
Written by Ivan Ibarra on 05/27/10
Submit your Rating
will.i.am Music Group/Interscope
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Not A Criminal ft. Kelis" (2007)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Heat Check: How Do You Feel About Drake’s “How About Now”
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (10/17)
- Freddie Gibbs x Madlib ft. Action Bronson, Joey BadA$$ & Ransom - Knicks (Remix)
- All 79 Things Chance the Rapper Hates on “No Better Blues”
- Lupe Fiasco ft. Sirah - Lilies
- ShayGray - No Sense of Accomplishment
- F*ck Norms: Why the Critics Are Wrong About Yung Lean
- Lorenzo Asher, The Director #TopProspects
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.