Best known for his work with hip-hop supergroup, Def Squad, Keith Murray makes his return after a lengthy three year hiatus on our pages. It’s Keith (Remix) marks the first solo feature from Murray since ‘90s Don’t Hate Me Cause I’m Beautiful, but it’s evident KM hasn’t lost his edge just yet. From shouting out producer JP Beats on the first verse to solidifying his footprints in verse two comparing himself to a prehistoric beast and paying homage to his fallen comrades on his third verse, Keith delivers a diverse dialogue deserving of respect. Rapper/singer Latana lends his assistance for a reggae tuned hook, exposing his ability to drop a street friendly hit. You can find It’s Keith (Remix) along with features from Jadakiss, Lil Flip, La The Darkman and more on the latest project from The Academy, Terminal 3 Presents: Brimstone.
Written by @Grubeats on 09/5/12
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Nobody Do It Better ft. Tyrese" (2007)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- 4 Fresh Songs (& An Album) You Might Have Missed (12/15)
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: Nicki Minaj’s (Kinda Boring) “The Pinkprint”
- Mike WiLL Made-It - Ransom
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.