Best known as a member of the Def Squad trio (along with Redman and Erick Sermon), Long Island native Keith Murray went through major deals with Jive and Def Jam before finally landing at mid-major Koch for ‘07’s Rap-Murr-Phobia. Now with pure indie L.O.D. Records, Murray reassures the fans he’s still the Most Beautifullest Thing In This World, brushing off his haters with “You can hate me ‘cause my whip’s more flyer than yours/ ‘cause your girl wanna give me her drawers/ but don’t hate me ‘cause I’m beautiful/ I’m nice like that.” Topped with Erick Sermon‘s fresh-as-a-cool-breeze production, Don’t Hate Me Cause I’m Beautiful boasts a strong balance of old-school rhyme schemes and new-school analogies; a combination all hip-hop heads should love. Murray’s sixth album, Intellectual Violence, will hit stores April 22.
Written by Burmy on 04/10/08
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Nobody Do It Better ft. Tyrese" (2007)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (1/23)
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- Digging Up Your Favorite Rapper’s Hidden Internet Gems
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- Rap Lines That Make No Fucking Sense: The Comeback
- Saba, The Native Son #TopProspects
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.