Best known as a member of the Def Squad trio (along with Redman and Erick Sermon), Long Island native Keith Murray went through major deals with Jive and Def Jam before finally landing at mid-major Koch for ‘07’s Rap-Murr-Phobia. Now with pure indie L.O.D. Records, Murray reassures the fans he’s still the Most Beautifullest Thing In This World, brushing off his haters with “You can hate me ‘cause my whip’s more flyer than yours/ ‘cause your girl wanna give me her drawers/ but don’t hate me ‘cause I’m beautiful/ I’m nice like that.” Topped with Erick Sermon‘s fresh-as-a-cool-breeze production, Don’t Hate Me Cause I’m Beautiful boasts a strong balance of old-school rhyme schemes and new-school analogies; a combination all hip-hop heads should love. Murray’s sixth album, Intellectual Violence, will hit stores April 22.
Written by Burmy on 04/10/08
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Nobody Do It Better ft. Tyrese" (2007)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- Rap Quiz: Bet You Can’t Guess The Album Cover Pt. 6
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- 1 Listen Album Review: Drake’s “If You’re Reading This It’s Too Late”
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.