An indie buzzmaker hailing from Chicago, Illinois, Booth newcomer Keith Masters is the first and, to date, only purveyor of a genre he calls “Electromajic.” If the catchiness of new promo single Ghost of Jupiter is any indication, though, it won’t be long before others jump on the bandwagon. Lettuce and DRKNESS double up behind the boards, the former providing live bass, drums and brass and the latter using studio wizardry to give the instrumental an appropriately spacey feel. Over their eclectic backdrop, Masters switches between confident, adrenaline-pumping flows and off-the-cuff sung vocals. Interest piqued? Then stay tuned; Ghost isn’t part of a larger set, but we’ll keep you supplied with the latest from this promising up-and-comer.
Written by richard on 07/10/14
This is the first song featured on DJBooth from this artist. If you would like to hear more, be sure to rate and comment!
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Drake vs. Lil Wayne - The Hits
- Run The Jewels - Blockbuster Night (Part 1)
- T.I. ft. Skylar Grey - New National Anthem
- Interview With a “White Rapper”: Rittz on Race, Respect & Hip-Hop
- Statik Selektah - What Goes Around
- Wiz Khalifa - Blacc Hollywood
- Kanye West is Right, the Media is the Fucking Worst
- The DJBooth Top Prospects EP (Vol. 1)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.