A native of Philadelphia, but currently a student at Washington D.C.‘s Howard University, newcomer Keip.H has been surrounded most of his life by some of the Northeast’s best emcees. Having recorded countless freestyles to sharpen his game, Keip is finally ready to take over the industry. On his first single, he puts together three uber-creative, simile-laced verses that warn others if they “Don’t Like Me Now,” they’ll really won’t once his career takes off. Adding a most unusual sound is Team Green (of Grindworks, LLC), who have exercised their right to use a xylophone in their production. Though the combination is odd and Don’t Like Me Now won’t have an easy road to regional club hit, it will certainly have listeners talking.
Written by Burmy on 08/7/08
Submit your Rating
This is the first song featured on DJBooth from this artist. If you would like to hear more, be sure to rate and comment!
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Kid Cudi Thinks Hip-Hop Is Endangered - He’s Wrong
- Tayyib Ali - Keystone State of Mind III
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (11/21)
- Best/Worst of the Week: Wale & Seinfeld, Kendrick on “SNL” & More
- Isaiah Rashad’s “Cilvia Demo” vs. Mick Jenkins’ “The Water[s]”
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.