A native of Philadelphia, but currently a student at Washington D.C.‘s Howard University, newcomer Keip.H has been surrounded most of his life by some of the Northeast’s best emcees. Having recorded countless freestyles to sharpen his game, Keip is finally ready to take over the industry. On his first single, he puts together three uber-creative, simile-laced verses that warn others if they “Don’t Like Me Now,” they’ll really won’t once his career takes off. Adding a most unusual sound is Team Green (of Grindworks, LLC), who have exercised their right to use a xylophone in their production. Though the combination is odd and Don’t Like Me Now won’t have an easy road to regional club hit, it will certainly have listeners talking.
Written by Burmy on 08/7/08
Submit your Rating
This is the first song featured on DJBooth from this artist. If you would like to hear more, be sure to rate and comment!
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Could Kanye’s Rapper Reparations Idea Actually Work?
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- Rap Quiz: Bet You Can’t Guess The Album Cover Pt. 6
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.