In urban music, realness and brutal honesty are qualities typically associated with hard-edged beats and a brash, in-your-face presentation. But it’s entirely possible to create something Raw & True using the most delicate, understated elements in your aural repertoire. Don’t believe me? Take a listen to the latest single and first Booth feature from Oakland singer/songwriter Kehlani. On this low-key ballad, Derrick “DOA” Allen‘s gentle keys and guitar strums set the mood as the artist offers some real talk on the topic of relationships. Affirming the value of love over money, she urges her emotionally distant man, “Stop lookin down at your wallet / I’m tryin’ to see your eyes. ” After a listen to Raw & True, are you craving more? Then stay tuned; this cut isn’t part of a larger set, but we’ll keep you posted on the unsigned songstress’s plans as further details emerge.
Written by richard on 02/27/14
Submit your Rating
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- 5 More Fresh Songs You Might Have Missed
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (September 2014)
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (9/26)
- Kings Dead - Don’t Need Much
- Nova Rockafeller ft. Michael Christmas - Problem
- Stalley ft. Rick Ross - Everything A Dope Boy Ever Wanted
- Saigon - GSNT3: The Troubled Times of Brian Carenard
- How to Get Your Music Posted Online: The Email Edition
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.