After her touching Booth debut in February, Oakland singer Kehlani is back with another meaningful message of showing her love. On FWU, you can tell why she’s become her man’s ride or die chick. They both come from less than wealthy families so they are both hungry to succeed, and most of all, they are loyal to each other. Best believe that since they’ve grinded together, they’ll eat together. Producer Swagg R’celious alternates between a Jazz lounge beat and a college marching band cheer to match the idea of sticking together through the smooth and rough times. On top of that, her smooth voice runs through your hair like the wind on a nice day in a convertible. There is no word on where FWU will live, but we’ll still f*ck with her on her next quality release.
Written by Bryan H on 04/24/14
Submit your Rating
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Epic Fail: Bobby Shmurda’s Label Cashed In & Then Bailed Out
- Open Mic: Why Rappers Need to Play Small Shows
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Could Kanye’s Rapper Reparations Idea Actually Work?
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.