After her touching Booth debut in February, Oakland singer Kehlani is back with another meaningful message of showing her love. On FWU, you can tell why she’s become her man’s ride or die chick. They both come from less than wealthy families so they are both hungry to succeed, and most of all, they are loyal to each other. Best believe that since they’ve grinded together, they’ll eat together. Producer Swagg R’celious alternates between a Jazz lounge beat and a college marching band cheer to match the idea of sticking together through the smooth and rough times. On top of that, her smooth voice runs through your hair like the wind on a nice day in a convertible. There is no word on where FWU will live, but we’ll still f*ck with her on her next quality release.
Written by Bryan H on 04/24/14
Submit your Rating
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Reggie Bonds - Stream of Consciousness Pt. 1
- Eminem Vs. DJ Whoo Kid - Shady Classics
- Kid Cudi Thinks Hip-Hop Is Endangered - He’s Wrong
- Tayyib Ali - Keystone State of Mind III
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (11/21)
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.