Ready to get Sleazy, Booth readers? Personally, I’m leaning toward the negative—I try not to get sleazy before 7:00 in the evening, and it’s just shy of 11:15 AM as I write this. Even so, I’m not blind to the grimy appeal of Ke$ha‘s latest single (and first Booth feature). A chant-along dancefloor-scorcher propelled by Benny Blanco, Dr. Luke and Bangladesh‘s pounding percussion, the EP inclusion gets an triple-shot of added guest muscle for the official remix; in addition to Andre 3000‘s original bars, Sleazy 2.0 features a blunted opener by Wiz Khalifa, a libidinous penultimate verse from T.I., and a braggadocious closing 16 courtesy of Lil Wayne. With the added competition, who comes out on top? Since the newcomers all seem to have missed the anti-flossing message of Ke$ha’s chorus (“I don’t need you or your brand new Benz, or your bougie friends / I don’t need love looking like diamonds…”), I’m giving Three Stacks the edge for his verse, a glib but surprisingly poignant reflection on fatherlessness. But that’s just me—your opinion, Booth readers? In addition to downloading this cut at Ke$ha’s official site, fans can hear more on the artist’s Cannibal EP, released to record stores and online retailers in mid-November.
Written by richard on 12/13/11
Submit your Rating
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Epic Fail: Bobby Shmurda’s Label Cashed In & Then Bailed Out
- Open Mic: Why Rappers Need to Play Small Shows
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Could Kanye’s Rapper Reparations Idea Actually Work?
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.