Ready to get Sleazy, Booth readers? Personally, I’m leaning toward the negative—I try not to get sleazy before 7:00 in the evening, and it’s just shy of 11:15 AM as I write this. Even so, I’m not blind to the grimy appeal of Ke$ha‘s latest single (and first Booth feature). A chant-along dancefloor-scorcher propelled by Benny Blanco, Dr. Luke and Bangladesh‘s pounding percussion, the EP inclusion gets an triple-shot of added guest muscle for the official remix; in addition to Andre 3000‘s original bars, Sleazy 2.0 features a blunted opener by Wiz Khalifa, a libidinous penultimate verse from T.I., and a braggadocious closing 16 courtesy of Lil Wayne. With the added competition, who comes out on top? Since the newcomers all seem to have missed the anti-flossing message of Ke$ha’s chorus (“I don’t need you or your brand new Benz, or your bougie friends / I don’t need love looking like diamonds…”), I’m giving Three Stacks the edge for his verse, a glib but surprisingly poignant reflection on fatherlessness. But that’s just me—your opinion, Booth readers? In addition to downloading this cut at Ke$ha’s official site, fans can hear more on the artist’s Cannibal EP, released to record stores and online retailers in mid-November.
Written by richard on 12/13/11
Submit your Rating
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- 5 More Fresh Songs You Might Have Missed
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (September 2014)
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (9/26)
- Kings Dead - Don’t Need Much
- Nova Rockafeller ft. Michael Christmas - Problem
- Stalley ft. Rick Ross - Everything A Dope Boy Ever Wanted
- Saigon - GSNT3: The Troubled Times of Brian Carenard
- How to Get Your Music Posted Online: The Email Edition
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.