I don’t know how the rest of you are faring weather-wise, but my hometown of Minneapolis has seen nothing but gloom for the last week or so—not to mention, I just heard that we can expect more snow over the weekend. Needless to say, I could use a dash of sunny optimism, and Alright With Me, the latest single from production duo Keeley and Zaire, is just what the doctor ordered. As the twosome serve up a mellow, lightly funky handclap and piano driven instrumental, L.A. soul singer DMinor tells a simple yet satisfying story—in summary, he’s with the woman of his dreams and he couldn’t be happier. As if the soulful verses, head-bobbing beat, and catchy, laid-back hook, weren’t enough, Little Brother‘s Phonte stops by for a guest verse on the back end, capping off a cut sure to leave listeners Ridin High. If you, too, need a little extra pick-me-up, you’re in luck; Kee and Zee’s debut album is available now in record shops and online.
Written by richard on 04/1/09
Submit your Rating
Myx Music Label
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Addicts for Real ft. Tunji" (2008)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Fast Food Music: How Our Hunger for More is Killing Hip-Hop
- Rihanna & Kanye’s “FourFiveSeconds” is a Blue Collar Anthem
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- Digging Up Your Favorite Rapper’s Hidden Internet Gems
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.