I don’t know how the rest of you are faring weather-wise, but my hometown of Minneapolis has seen nothing but gloom for the last week or so—not to mention, I just heard that we can expect more snow over the weekend. Needless to say, I could use a dash of sunny optimism, and Alright With Me, the latest single from production duo Keeley and Zaire, is just what the doctor ordered. As the twosome serve up a mellow, lightly funky handclap and piano driven instrumental, L.A. soul singer DMinor tells a simple yet satisfying story—in summary, he’s with the woman of his dreams and he couldn’t be happier. As if the soulful verses, head-bobbing beat, and catchy, laid-back hook, weren’t enough, Little Brother‘s Phonte stops by for a guest verse on the back end, capping off a cut sure to leave listeners Ridin High. If you, too, need a little extra pick-me-up, you’re in luck; Kee and Zee’s debut album is available now in record shops and online.
Written by richard on 04/1/09
Myx Music Label
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Addicts for Real ft. Tunji" (2008)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Member Reviews and Ratings
- T.I. ft. Skylar Grey - New National Anthem
- Interview With a “White Rapper”: Rittz on Race, Respect & Hip-Hop
- Statik Selektah - What Goes Around
- Wiz Khalifa - Blacc Hollywood
- Top 20 Hip Hop / R&B Songs Chart (August 18, 2014)
- Kanye West is Right, the Media is the Fucking Worst
- The DJBooth Top Prospects EP (Vol. 1)
- DJBooth City Cypher #1 (ft. Emilio Rojas, Maffew Ragazino, Black Dave, HD & Kirk Knight)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.