I don’t know how the rest of you are faring weather-wise, but my hometown of Minneapolis has seen nothing but gloom for the last week or so—not to mention, I just heard that we can expect more snow over the weekend. Needless to say, I could use a dash of sunny optimism, and Alright With Me, the latest single from production duo Keeley and Zaire, is just what the doctor ordered. As the twosome serve up a mellow, lightly funky handclap and piano driven instrumental, L.A. soul singer DMinor tells a simple yet satisfying story—in summary, he’s with the woman of his dreams and he couldn’t be happier. As if the soulful verses, head-bobbing beat, and catchy, laid-back hook, weren’t enough, Little Brother‘s Phonte stops by for a guest verse on the back end, capping off a cut sure to leave listeners Ridin High. If you, too, need a little extra pick-me-up, you’re in luck; Kee and Zee’s debut album is available now in record shops and online.
Written by richard on 04/1/09
Submit your Rating
Myx Music Label
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Addicts for Real ft. Tunji" (2008)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Adrian Lau - The Departed
- T.I. ft. Young Thug, Lil Wayne & Jeezy - About The Money (Remix)
- Lupe Fiasco ft. Nikki Jean - Haile Selassie
- Every Logic Song We’ve Ever Featured
- Shady XV: Eminem is Dropping a New Album & I Don’t Care
- Drake - 6 God EP
- S1 Confirms Kanye West Working on New Album, Songs Are “Feel Good” #A3CProAudio
- 5 Fresh Songs You Might Have Missed (10/20)
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.