I don’t know how the rest of you are faring weather-wise, but my hometown of Minneapolis has seen nothing but gloom for the last week or so—not to mention, I just heard that we can expect more snow over the weekend. Needless to say, I could use a dash of sunny optimism, and Alright With Me, the latest single from production duo Keeley and Zaire, is just what the doctor ordered. As the twosome serve up a mellow, lightly funky handclap and piano driven instrumental, L.A. soul singer DMinor tells a simple yet satisfying story—in summary, he’s with the woman of his dreams and he couldn’t be happier. As if the soulful verses, head-bobbing beat, and catchy, laid-back hook, weren’t enough, Little Brother‘s Phonte stops by for a guest verse on the back end, capping off a cut sure to leave listeners Ridin High. If you, too, need a little extra pick-me-up, you’re in luck; Kee and Zee’s debut album is available now in record shops and online.
Written by richard on 04/1/09
Submit your Rating
Myx Music Label
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Addicts for Real ft. Tunji" (2008)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- J. Cole is the Most Important Voice in Music
- 2014, The Year I Learned to Say Fuck the Police
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- Billion Dollars in an Elevator: The Definitive 2014 Hip-Hop Timeline
- How a Music Video Is Made: A Mock Treatment With Rapsody
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.