The Sole Vibe movement has been responsible for some of DJBooth’s most acclaimed artists, including Zion I, DJ Revolution, and Oddisee, so you know we’re frequently checking up on that movement. You can imagine our delight to find out that two of their in-house producers, Keelay and Zaire, are working together on a new album called Ridin’ High. Before that album gets going, they hope to ignite some buzz with the Prelude to Drive EP. The first single, Saturday, finds them staying behind the boards while frequent feature Torae mans the mic, spitting about all he can offer his woman, provided she stays by his side (man, that theme has sure been popular in ‘08!) Tiffany Paige comes strong with her hook as well, but the highlight here is, of course, the production; since the beat is strong, overall Saturday gets props. The Prelude to Drive EP will be released sometime in January.
Written by Burmy on 12/22/08
Submit your Rating
Myx Music Label
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Addicts for Real ft. Tunji" (2008)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- Rap Quiz: Bet You Can’t Guess The Album Cover Pt. 6
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- 1 Listen Album Review: Drake’s “If You’re Reading This It’s Too Late”
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.