The Sole Vibe movement has been responsible for some of DJBooth’s most acclaimed artists, including Zion I, DJ Revolution, and Oddisee, so you know we’re frequently checking up on that movement. You can imagine our delight to find out that two of their in-house producers, Keelay and Zaire, are working together on a new album called Ridin’ High. Before that album gets going, they hope to ignite some buzz with the Prelude to Drive EP. The first single, Saturday, finds them staying behind the boards while frequent feature Torae mans the mic, spitting about all he can offer his woman, provided she stays by his side (man, that theme has sure been popular in ‘08!) Tiffany Paige comes strong with her hook as well, but the highlight here is, of course, the production; since the beat is strong, overall Saturday gets props. The Prelude to Drive EP will be released sometime in January.
Written by Burmy on 12/22/08
Submit your Rating
Myx Music Label
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Addicts for Real ft. Tunji" (2008)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Kid Cudi Thinks Hip-Hop Is Endangered - He’s Wrong
- Tayyib Ali - Keystone State of Mind III
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (11/21)
- Best/Worst of the Week: Wale & Seinfeld, Kendrick on “SNL” & More
- Isaiah Rashad’s “Cilvia Demo” vs. Mick Jenkins’ “The Water[s]”
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.