The Midwest hip-hop scene is made up of many emcees that deliver passionate and personal music. Indianapolis emcee Keb0 is another name you can place on the list of those who are afflicted and turn to hip-hop to release the stress of life. On Downfall the emcee raps about road tripping to see a new crush that turns into a love story with some desperate undertones. Is this love or is it co-dependency? Tokyo Cigar produces the cut by contributing to the ambiance of the song with piano keys, adding to the soft sincerity of the track, ending with a restructuring of Keb0’s rapping style, which keeps things moving. However, does it keep you engaged or make you want to move along to the next track? If so, Downfall is part of keb0’s upcoming project, Failed Exorcism EP, a follow-up to his recently released Before The Exorcism album.
Written by JC Poppe on 07/12/11
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Kev Decor - Swamp Ass
- “Views from All Day”: Drake, Kanye & The State of Hip-Hop Leaks
- Jeezy - Seen It All: The Autobiography
- Ty Dolla $ign - $ign Language
- Eminem ft. Sia - Guts Over Fear
- Best/Worst of the Week: My Anaconda Don’t Want None, French Mondashian & More
- Drake vs. Lil Wayne - The Hits
- The DJBooth Top Prospects EP (Vol. 1)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.