The Midwest hip-hop scene is made up of many emcees that deliver passionate and personal music. Indianapolis emcee Keb0 is another name you can place on the list of those who are afflicted and turn to hip-hop to release the stress of life. On Downfall the emcee raps about road tripping to see a new crush that turns into a love story with some desperate undertones. Is this love or is it co-dependency? Tokyo Cigar produces the cut by contributing to the ambiance of the song with piano keys, adding to the soft sincerity of the track, ending with a restructuring of Keb0’s rapping style, which keeps things moving. However, does it keep you engaged or make you want to move along to the next track? If so, Downfall is part of keb0’s upcoming project, Failed Exorcism EP, a follow-up to his recently released Before The Exorcism album.
Written by JC Poppe on 07/12/11
Submit your Rating
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Fast Food Music: How Our Hunger for More is Killing Hip-Hop
- Rihanna & Kanye’s “FourFiveSeconds” is a Blue Collar Anthem
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- Digging Up Your Favorite Rapper’s Hidden Internet Gems
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.