When he joined his family’s gospel ensemble at age five, singer KeAnthony Dillard knew that he had a future in music. Unfortunately, between his childhood and adulthood, Dillard became entangled in the street life, culminating in an eight-year prison bid for aggravated robbery. Now, ready to share his experiences with the world, the Nashville native prepares for the release of his forthcoming debut, A Hustla’z Story. In one of the chapters of his story, I Thought, KeAnthony explains the sadness he felt after several of his friends were gunned down. Assisted by the production power quartet of Tank, The Underdogs, and Steve Russell, look for I Thought to be a hit among all the softhearted hustlers. After numerous delays, A Hustla’z Story has been set for release this summer.
Written by Burmy on 04/24/08
Submit your Rating
This is the first song featured on DJBooth from this artist. If you would like to hear more, be sure to rate and comment!
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Epic Fail: Bobby Shmurda’s Label Cashed In & Then Bailed Out
- Open Mic: Why Rappers Need to Play Small Shows
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Could Kanye’s Rapper Reparations Idea Actually Work?
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.