When he joined his family’s gospel ensemble at age five, singer KeAnthony Dillard knew that he had a future in music. Unfortunately, between his childhood and adulthood, Dillard became entangled in the street life, culminating in an eight-year prison bid for aggravated robbery. Now, ready to share his experiences with the world, the Nashville native prepares for the release of his forthcoming debut, A Hustla’z Story. In one of the chapters of his story, I Thought, KeAnthony explains the sadness he felt after several of his friends were gunned down. Assisted by the production power quartet of Tank, The Underdogs, and Steve Russell, look for I Thought to be a hit among all the softhearted hustlers. After numerous delays, A Hustla’z Story has been set for release this summer.
Written by Burmy on 04/24/08
Submit your Rating
This is the first song featured on DJBooth from this artist. If you would like to hear more, be sure to rate and comment!
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Billion Dollars in an Elevator: The Definitive 2014 Hip-Hop Timeline
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.