If there’s one thing one needs in order to make a favorable first impression in or out of the Booth, it’s confidence; proper hygiene, however, would be a very close runner-up. Since pleasant smells can’t be transmitted over the web (...yet?), underground emcee KAZE has wisely taken his latest single (and Booth debut) as an opportunity to assure both devotees and soon-to-be-fans that he is “Fresh, like right out the shower.” The North Carolina rapper’s “suave and debonair” description of his pristine duds and meticulous grooming routine will doubtless bring back memories of a certain Outkast hit, but the lyrical theme certainly hasn’t lost its luster, and 9th Wonder‘s funk-sampling boardwork imbues this record with a squeaky-clean feel all its own. Topped off with the equally spotless hook vocals of fellow Tarheel State native Mr. Mohalyn, this is both a catchy record and a helpful reminder for certain individuals who haven’t showered yet today (yeah, I know; working from home is no excuse). If you’re digging KAZE’s Fresh underground sound, be sure to pick up a copy of his First In Flight EP, set to drop in August.
Listen to More: KAZE
Written by richard on 06/17/09
Sound of the Culture
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Black Fantastic" (2010)
You Might Like...
Member Reviews and Ratings
- After Wiz Khalifa’s “Blacc Hollywood”, What Does a Number One Album Mean?
- Jeezy - Seen It All: The Autobiography
- Cam’ron - 1st of the Month Vol. 3 EP
- Best/Worst of the Week: Andre 3000 All Day, Queen Bey Reigns & More
- Draft Day: What Label Should Your Favorite Rapper Sign To?
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (August 2014)
- “Views from All Day”: Drake, Kanye & The State of Hip-Hop Leaks
- Drake vs. Lil Wayne - The Hits
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)