If there’s one thing one needs in order to make a favorable first impression in or out of the Booth, it’s confidence; proper hygiene, however, would be a very close runner-up. Since pleasant smells can’t be transmitted over the web (...yet?), underground emcee KAZE has wisely taken his latest single (and Booth debut) as an opportunity to assure both devotees and soon-to-be-fans that he is “Fresh, like right out the shower.” The North Carolina rapper’s “suave and debonair” description of his pristine duds and meticulous grooming routine will doubtless bring back memories of a certain Outkast hit, but the lyrical theme certainly hasn’t lost its luster, and 9th Wonder‘s funk-sampling boardwork imbues this record with a squeaky-clean feel all its own. Topped off with the equally spotless hook vocals of fellow Tarheel State native Mr. Mohalyn, this is both a catchy record and a helpful reminder for certain individuals who haven’t showered yet today (yeah, I know; working from home is no excuse). If you’re digging KAZE’s Fresh underground sound, be sure to pick up a copy of his First In Flight EP, set to drop in August.
Listen to More: KAZE Written by richard
Sound of the Culture
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Black Fantastic" (2010)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Logic ft. Big Sean - Alright
- Top Remixes of the Month [April 2014]
- Asher Roth - Retrohash
- Iggy Azalea - The New Classic
- Joyner Lucas - Don’t Ask for Nothin
- Top Hip Hop / R&B Music Songs Chart (April 21, 2014)
- Behind The Boards Interview Series: Statik Selektah
- Future - Honest LP
- Win an Exclusive Vinyl Version of De La Soul’s “Smell The Da.I.S.Y.” [CONTEST]
- The Best Hip Hop Songs & Albums of 2013!
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.