If there’s one thing one needs in order to make a favorable first impression in or out of the Booth, it’s confidence; proper hygiene, however, would be a very close runner-up. Since pleasant smells can’t be transmitted over the web (...yet?), underground emcee KAZE has wisely taken his latest single (and Booth debut) as an opportunity to assure both devotees and soon-to-be-fans that he is “Fresh, like right out the shower.” The North Carolina rapper’s “suave and debonair” description of his pristine duds and meticulous grooming routine will doubtless bring back memories of a certain Outkast hit, but the lyrical theme certainly hasn’t lost its luster, and 9th Wonder‘s funk-sampling boardwork imbues this record with a squeaky-clean feel all its own. Topped off with the equally spotless hook vocals of fellow Tarheel State native Mr. Mohalyn, this is both a catchy record and a helpful reminder for certain individuals who haven’t showered yet today (yeah, I know; working from home is no excuse). If you’re digging KAZE’s Fresh underground sound, be sure to pick up a copy of his First In Flight EP, set to drop in August.
Written by richard on 06/17/09
Submit your Rating
Sound of the Culture
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Black Fantastic" (2010)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Reggie Bonds - Stream of Consciousness Pt. 1
- Eminem Vs. DJ Whoo Kid - Shady Classics
- Kid Cudi Thinks Hip-Hop Is Endangered - He’s Wrong
- Tayyib Ali - Keystone State of Mind III
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (11/21)
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.