Back in February, we got our first taste of Kaytranada‘s innovative production style via EP single All We Do. A collaboration with singer/songwriter JMSN, the record earned rave reviews from our regulars. On his second feature, the HW&W beatmaker sets out to prove that he can create a captivating cut with no vocals At All. OK, that’s not entirely accurate—a sliced-and-diced vocal sample does provide the central melody behind this mesmerizing, dancefloor-ready instrumental—but there’s no question that Kay’s ingenuity behind the boards is the cut’s driving force. This joint isn’t attached to a larger project, but we’ll keep you posted on the producer’s plans as further details emerge.
Written by richard on 09/6/13
Member Reviews and Ratings
- After Wiz Khalifa’s “Blacc Hollywood”, What Does a Number One Album Mean?
- Jeezy - Seen It All: The Autobiography
- Cam’ron - 1st of the Month Vol. 3 EP
- Best/Worst of the Week: Andre 3000 All Day, Queen Bey Reigns & More
- Draft Day: What Label Should Your Favorite Rapper Sign To?
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (August 2014)
- “Views from All Day”: Drake, Kanye & The State of Hip-Hop Leaks
- Drake vs. Lil Wayne - The Hits
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)