Back in February, we got our first taste of Kaytranada‘s innovative production style via EP single All We Do. A collaboration with singer/songwriter JMSN, the record earned rave reviews from our regulars. On his second feature, the HW&W beatmaker sets out to prove that he can create a captivating cut with no vocals At All. OK, that’s not entirely accurate—a sliced-and-diced vocal sample does provide the central melody behind this mesmerizing, dancefloor-ready instrumental—but there’s no question that Kay’s ingenuity behind the boards is the cut’s driving force. This joint isn’t attached to a larger project, but we’ll keep you posted on the producer’s plans as further details emerge.
Written by richard on 09/6/13
You Might Like...
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Big Sean - Untitled EP
- Chris Brown ft. Trey Songz - Songs on 12 Play
- Dyme-A-Duzin - Hip Hope
- Max Wonders - Questions
- ScHoolboy Q ft. Nas & BJ The Chicago Kid - Studio (Remix)
- “I’m Real”: Five Questions With Raury
- Mick Jenkins - DJBooth RapBox Freestyle
- “Google Me Bitch”: A Lyrical Album Review of Rittz’ “Next to Nothing”
- Kendrick Sued Over “Rigamortis”, Should He Pay Up? (A Sample Clearance Guide)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.