Back in February, we got our first taste of Kaytranada‘s innovative production style via EP single All We Do. A collaboration with singer/songwriter JMSN, the record earned rave reviews from our regulars. On his second feature, the HW&W beatmaker sets out to prove that he can create a captivating cut with no vocals At All. OK, that’s not entirely accurate—a sliced-and-diced vocal sample does provide the central melody behind this mesmerizing, dancefloor-ready instrumental—but there’s no question that Kay’s ingenuity behind the boards is the cut’s driving force. This joint isn’t attached to a larger project, but we’ll keep you posted on the producer’s plans as further details emerge.
Written by richard on 09/6/13
Submit your Rating
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Lupe Fiasco ft. Billy Blue - Pu$$y
- Red Cup Nation ft. Tommy Parker - Girls
- Lil Dicky - Lemme Freak
- Yelawolf - Till It’s Gone
- Big K.R.I.T. ft. Juicy J, Rittz & A$AP Ferg - Drinkers Club
- Once Lost, a Lil Wayne Fan Finds His Faith in “Carter V”
- Rick Ross ft. Project Pat - Elvis Presley Blvd.
- Big Sean - Untitled EP
- Kendrick Sued Over “Rigamortis”, Should He Pay Up? (A Sample Clearance Guide)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.