Back in February, we got our first taste of Kaytranada‘s innovative production style via EP single All We Do. A collaboration with singer/songwriter JMSN, the record earned rave reviews from our regulars. On his second feature, the HW&W beatmaker sets out to prove that he can create a captivating cut with no vocals At All. OK, that’s not entirely accurate—a sliced-and-diced vocal sample does provide the central melody behind this mesmerizing, dancefloor-ready instrumental—but there’s no question that Kay’s ingenuity behind the boards is the cut’s driving force. This joint isn’t attached to a larger project, but we’ll keep you posted on the producer’s plans as further details emerge.
Written by richard on 09/6/13
Submit your Rating
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- Rap Quiz: Bet You Can’t Guess The Album Cover Pt. 6
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- 1 Listen Album Review: Drake’s “If You’re Reading This It’s Too Late”
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.