Introduced to the Booth with September’s Don’t Bring Me Down, Kayo returns with the follow-up to that impressive, though not mind-blowing (judging by the reviews) effort. Consistency is the key to success and, on Rich Already, Kayo proves that he is more than a one-feature wonder. Here Chris Noxx cooks up a subtly jazzy beat that has some unique, glossy undertones, matching Kayo’s unique approach perfectly. The Halifax, Nova Scotia resident impresses with a raspy, clear flow and a very personable brand of lyricism. The Russian and Tyler Ross direct the colorful official visuals. Rich Already can be found on Kayo’s S.L.A.V.E (Serenity Lives Around Virtuous Energy) EP, released this fall and out now online.
Written by Lucas G. on 12/2/13
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Don't Bring Me Down" (2013)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Fast Food Music: How Our Hunger for More is Killing Hip-Hop
- Rihanna & Kanye’s “FourFiveSeconds” is a Blue Collar Anthem
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- Digging Up Your Favorite Rapper’s Hidden Internet Gems
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.