Introduced to the Booth with September’s Don’t Bring Me Down, Kayo returns with the follow-up to that impressive, though not mind-blowing (judging by the reviews) effort. Consistency is the key to success and, on Rich Already, Kayo proves that he is more than a one-feature wonder. Here Chris Noxx cooks up a subtly jazzy beat that has some unique, glossy undertones, matching Kayo’s unique approach perfectly. The Halifax, Nova Scotia resident impresses with a raspy, clear flow and a very personable brand of lyricism. The Russian and Tyler Ross direct the colorful official visuals. Rich Already can be found on Kayo’s S.L.A.V.E (Serenity Lives Around Virtuous Energy) EP, released this fall and out now online.
Written by Lucas G. on 12/2/13
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Don't Bring Me Down" (2013)
Total DJ Booth Features:
Member Reviews and Ratings
- After Wiz Khalifa’s “Blacc Hollywood”, What Does a Number One Album Mean?
- Jeezy - Seen It All: The Autobiography
- Cam’ron - 1st of the Month Vol. 3 EP
- Best/Worst of the Week: Andre 3000 All Day, Queen Bey Reigns & More
- Draft Day: What Label Should Your Favorite Rapper Sign To?
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (August 2014)
- “Views from All Day”: Drake, Kanye & The State of Hip-Hop Leaks
- Drake vs. Lil Wayne - The Hits
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)