Introduced to the Booth with September’s Don’t Bring Me Down, Kayo returns with the follow-up to that impressive, though not mind-blowing (judging by the reviews) effort. Consistency is the key to success and, on Rich Already, Kayo proves that he is more than a one-feature wonder. Here Chris Noxx cooks up a subtly jazzy beat that has some unique, glossy undertones, matching Kayo’s unique approach perfectly. The Halifax, Nova Scotia resident impresses with a raspy, clear flow and a very personable brand of lyricism. The Russian and Tyler Ross direct the colorful official visuals. Rich Already can be found on Kayo’s S.L.A.V.E (Serenity Lives Around Virtuous Energy) EP, released this fall and out now online.
Written by Lucas G. on 12/2/13
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Don't Bring Me Down" (2013)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- The Worlds Needs a Freddie Gibbs x BJ The Chicago Kid Album
- Tasha The Amazon - Can’t Control Us
- Is Madonna Working on a Secret Rap Album?
- RyattFienix - Ryse of the Fienix
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)