Introduced to the Booth with September’s Don’t Bring Me Down, Kayo returns with the follow-up to that impressive, though not mind-blowing (judging by the reviews) effort. Consistency is the key to success and, on Rich Already, Kayo proves that he is more than a one-feature wonder. Here Chris Noxx cooks up a subtly jazzy beat that has some unique, glossy undertones, matching Kayo’s unique approach perfectly. The Halifax, Nova Scotia resident impresses with a raspy, clear flow and a very personable brand of lyricism. The Russian and Tyler Ross direct the colorful official visuals. Rich Already can be found on Kayo’s S.L.A.V.E (Serenity Lives Around Virtuous Energy) EP, released this fall and out now online.
Written by Lucas G. on 12/2/13
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Don't Bring Me Down" (2013)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Billion Dollars in an Elevator: The Definitive 2014 Hip-Hop Timeline
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.