There is nothing quite like the natural high that is produced upon finding a new artist whose music sends shivers up your spine and gives you goosebumps. Since I experienced this feeling upon being introduced to DJBooth newcomer Kayo, I suggest that you Don’t Bring Me Down and press play. Kayo’s style is as exotic as his hometown of St. Lucia. Atop co-producers Young K and Yogidaproducer’s airy foundation, which is splashed with a twinge of dubstep, Kayo grabs the listener’s ear with his fiery, passionate flow. The strength of this striking cut is the artist’s ability to balance both potency and poignancy; Kayo’s approach is both aggressive and captivating yet still sincere and heartfelt. Don’t Bring Me Down is the latest video single from Kayo’s S.L.A.V.E. (Serenity Lives Around Virtuous Energy) EP, available now for digital purchase via Black Box Recordings.
Written by Lucas G. on 09/20/13
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Sweet Lies" (2013)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Billion Dollars in an Elevator: The Definitive 2014 Hip-Hop Timeline
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.