It’s easy to count your blessings when things are going well, but it’s a lot harder to maintain a grateful attitude when the powers that be seem poised to take away one of the most important people in your life. New DEFIENT signee Kaymbo Shines must be the most spiritually-centered man in America, as he manages to do the latter on his Booth debut and latest promo single. Backed by his own upbeat, crossover-friendly production, the singer gives thanks for the wonderful life he’s enjoyed to date, and asks the Man Upstairs to do him one more solid: wake his hospital-bound mother up from her coma. Though Shines’ story ends without resolution, the cut’s inspirational message nonetheless hits home. Singer Danyka provides a guest hook and bridge. This joint isn’t attached to a larger set, but we’ll keep you posted on the artist’s plans as further details emerge.
Written by richard on 12/9/13
Submit your Rating
This is the first song featured on DJBooth from this artist. If you would like to hear more, be sure to rate and comment!
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Fast Food Music: How Our Hunger for More is Killing Hip-Hop
- Rihanna & Kanye’s “FourFiveSeconds” is a Blue Collar Anthem
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- Digging Up Your Favorite Rapper’s Hidden Internet Gems
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.