It’s easy to count your blessings when things are going well, but it’s a lot harder to maintain a grateful attitude when the powers that be seem poised to take away one of the most important people in your life. New DEFIENT signee Kaymbo Shines must be the most spiritually-centered man in America, as he manages to do the latter on his Booth debut and latest promo single. Backed by his own upbeat, crossover-friendly production, the singer gives thanks for the wonderful life he’s enjoyed to date, and asks the Man Upstairs to do him one more solid: wake his hospital-bound mother up from her coma. Though Shines’ story ends without resolution, the cut’s inspirational message nonetheless hits home. Singer Danyka provides a guest hook and bridge. This joint isn’t attached to a larger set, but we’ll keep you posted on the artist’s plans as further details emerge.
Written by richard on 12/9/13
Submit your Rating
This is the first song featured on DJBooth from this artist. If you would like to hear more, be sure to rate and comment!
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- S1 Confirms Kanye West Working on New Album, Songs Are “Feel Good” #A3CProAudio
- 5 Fresh Songs You Might Have Missed (10/20)
- PRhyme (Royce Da 5’9” & DJ Premier) - U Looz
- Lil Dicky ft. Michael Christmas & Rockie Fresh - Would You Believe That
- DeJ Loaf - Sell Sole
- Heat Check: How Do You Feel About Drake’s “How About Now”
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (10/17)
- All 79 Things Chance the Rapper Hates on “No Better Blues”
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.