It’s easy to count your blessings when things are going well, but it’s a lot harder to maintain a grateful attitude when the powers that be seem poised to take away one of the most important people in your life. New DEFIENT signee Kaymbo Shines must be the most spiritually-centered man in America, as he manages to do the latter on his Booth debut and latest promo single. Backed by his own upbeat, crossover-friendly production, the singer gives thanks for the wonderful life he’s enjoyed to date, and asks the Man Upstairs to do him one more solid: wake his hospital-bound mother up from her coma. Though Shines’ story ends without resolution, the cut’s inspirational message nonetheless hits home. Singer Danyka provides a guest hook and bridge. This joint isn’t attached to a larger set, but we’ll keep you posted on the artist’s plans as further details emerge.
Written by richard on 12/9/13
This is the first song featured on DJBooth from this artist. If you would like to hear more, be sure to rate and comment!
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Jeezy - Seen It All: The Autobiography
- Cam’ron - 1st of the Month Vol. 3 EP
- Best/Worst of the Week: Andre 3000 All Day, Queen Bey Reigns & More
- Draft Day: What Label Should Your Favorite Rapper Sign To?
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (August 2014)
- Kev Decor - Swamp Ass
- “Views from All Day”: Drake, Kanye & The State of Hip-Hop Leaks
- Drake vs. Lil Wayne - The Hits
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)