Having split his time on earth between Ghana and Belgium, it might seem strange to think that Kaye Styles really isn’t much different from any MC who grew up stateside. Listening to icons like Pac, Biggie, and Wu-Tang as a Ghetto Kid, Kaye became determined to make it as a rapper and one day experience the career milestones of his heroes. Now, after plenty of hard work, both recording and pushing DJs to play his records (it’s a lot harder in Europe), Kaye’s time may finally have come. The newest single off his album boasts a myriad of thoughtful lyrics and a soulful sampled beat. Perfect for inspiration or just as background music, Ghetto Kid can be found on the forthcoming First Born, expected to hit stores and online retailers this June.
Written by Burmy on 04/30/08
Submit your Rating
On Lock Music & Ent.
This is the first song featured on DJBooth from this artist. If you would like to hear more, be sure to rate and comment!
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Fast Food Music: How Our Hunger for More is Killing Hip-Hop
- Rihanna & Kanye’s “FourFiveSeconds” is a Blue Collar Anthem
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- Digging Up Your Favorite Rapper’s Hidden Internet Gems
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.