Having split his time on earth between Ghana and Belgium, it might seem strange to think that Kaye Styles really isn’t much different from any MC who grew up stateside. Listening to icons like Pac, Biggie, and Wu-Tang as a Ghetto Kid, Kaye became determined to make it as a rapper and one day experience the career milestones of his heroes. Now, after plenty of hard work, both recording and pushing DJs to play his records (it’s a lot harder in Europe), Kaye’s time may finally have come. The newest single off his album boasts a myriad of thoughtful lyrics and a soulful sampled beat. Perfect for inspiration or just as background music, Ghetto Kid can be found on the forthcoming First Born, expected to hit stores and online retailers this June.
Written by Burmy on 04/30/08
Submit your Rating
On Lock Music & Ent.
This is the first song featured on DJBooth from this artist. If you would like to hear more, be sure to rate and comment!
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Beyond the Lights: Machine Gun Kelly Learns to Act Like Himself
- Reggie Bonds - Stream of Consciousness Pt. 1
- Eminem Vs. DJ Whoo Kid - Shady Classics
- Kid Cudi Thinks Hip-Hop Is Endangered - He’s Wrong
- Tayyib Ali - Keystone State of Mind III
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (11/21)
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.