I’m generally not a big believer in the concept of “soulmates,” but in this case there’s absolutely no question: Booth newcomer Kaydee and the Almighty Dollar were made for each other. On the title track off his forthcoming full-length, the DMV up-and-comer lets listeners know just how determined he is to be with his beloved, summing up his life’s ambition thus: “There’s money out there / I’m trying to get it all, bring it back Right Here.” Over LG the Experience‘s pounding beat, composed of heavy bass, organ, and wailing background vocals, the Maryland native delivers hard-hustling, paper-chasing bars laced with engaging wordplay (“I spit it how I live it: hard times, hard rhymes / You ain’t in the game like the 105th yard line.”). So, does this intrepid rhymesayer have what it takes to set himself apart from the cash-crazy masses? I’ll leave it to you to decide. If you think Kaydee’s destined to rake in the riches, this top-dollar jam is set to hit online retailers March 2.
Listen to More: Kaydee
Written by richard on 02/21/10
This is the first song featured on DJBooth from this artist. If you would like to hear more, be sure to rate and comment!
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Trizz - Reality Check
- DJBooth City Cypher #1 (ft. Emilio Rojas, Maffew Ragazino, Black Dave, HD & Kirk Knight)
- It’s Electric: An EDM Guide For the Hip-Hop Head
- Best/Worst Of The Week: Coolio Turns To Porn, Nicki’s Comical Booty & More
- Russ, The Wild Card #TopProspects
- Sean Brown - The Top
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)
- Common - Nobody’s Smiling
- Real Recognize Real: Wrekonize on Pink Floyd, the Rise of TDE & More
- Bobby Shmurda is the New Worst Thing to Happen to Shmusic
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.